Options

Pre-Exam Rituals

james_james_ Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Interested to know what people do on their Exam day, cram to the last minute? Listen to music? Relax and watch the TV... ?

For me it is an hour or 2 at the gym, a few scoops of NO-Xplode about an hour before I sit the exam, and a couple of Rockstars throughout the day. Calm nerves and immense focus... icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    Ed RooneyEd Rooney Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I generally come in to work, look over some notes and maybe run through a Boson test in a weaker area, then if I feel good I call the test center and schedule a same-day test. Out of 14 exams, the only one I haven't scheduled same-day was the ISA 2000 beta exam in 2000, and I flunked that one.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I always schedule my exams for Saturday morning. I get a good nights sleep, have a protein and hot cereal breakfast, show up to the testing center early, and absolutely no studying before the exam. That's worked for me thus far.
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try to go to bed by midnight. I will usually wake up early on exam morning maybe review some notes or watch the news. Eat a light breakfast.

If I could schedule exams for 7am I would. I usually schedule them for 9:30. I used to schedule for 9:00, but the testing center was never ready.

I will leave a little early in case of traffic. I go to the building and make sure the test center is still there (they moved once and I went to the wrong building). Luckily the security guard know where their new location was. Now, I bring a print out with their address and phone number.

If I still have some time I will walk to McDonalds and have a coke and review some more.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will leave a little early in case of traffic. I go to the building and make sure the test center is still there (they moved once and I went to the wrong building). Luckily the security guard know where their new location was. Now, I bring a print out with their address and phone number.

ROFL you serious sounds patheatic to me LOL!!!!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually take mine on a weekday as my job lets me have off the day of the exam. I wake up with no alarm and proceed to shower and have a healthy breakfast. I do absolutely no studying on the day of the exam so my brain is nice and relaxed. I always show up early as well and they always let me take the exam. The Pearson VUE is so much better over in Madison than the Prometric.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    I usually schedule my exams as early as I can do it during the week which gives me a little extra time becuase the testing center is much closer than work is. I'll run through a few pratice tests, not really for study purposes, but to get me mind into "test mode". It's always worked for me, not a failure yet!
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    moss12 wrote:

ROFL you serious sounds patheatic to me LOL!!!!

I agree. I was a little more anxious then normal before that test. It was only about two blocks away.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Been awhile, but good night's rest. Schedule for the exam for 1st available slot and get there early. Good breakfast before leaving home...but generally that's true every morning.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Ye Gum NokiYe Gum Noki Member Posts: 115
    My testing center is two hours away. I schedule my exams for around 10 AM. I study pretty hard the night before and then get some rest. I take the exam, grab a burger and a coke and I usually get back to the office around 2 or so. Most of the time, I pass.
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do." John Ruskin.
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    I can never sleep the night before. I couldn't before a test
    in college. I can't before a cert exam.

On the last night, I'll prep until 3 or 4, then take a brief nap.

I watch the news starting around 6... something that changes topics
    quickly to keep my mind off of the inevitable. I eat something
    minimal...something light. I never drink anything with caffeine.
    I can't. I'm already too amplified.

I get to the exam provider's early. I always have my notes, but I
    never look them over.

I sign in quickly.... I am nervous for the first three questions...

Then it settles in. Then it's over. Then I'm tired.

Last exam: 2/19 passed JNCIA.

Gotta' try sleep for change... :)
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I try to get a good nights rest. Sleep in just a little bit later than normal. Study for a couple hours. Eat a good (not too big) lunch. then hit it in the afternoon.