Options

About A+ New Version

kahawalakahawala Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dose anyone know about new version A+ exam? . There is many topics on New Network+ forum but can't see here even one post reagrding "I Passed" or else. I am ready to take this exam in next week before going through would like to know your experience. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I think those who already hold the cert (like myself) see no reason to take the exams because...1. the exam cert is forever. and 2. many of us have careers with higher level certifications and just aren't going to spend the money or time re-testing on something used everyday or something we've gotten beyond.

There are several newer people testing, but the posts/comments I've read many have stated they'd previously started studying under the 2003 objectives and just find the motivation to complete what they've begun.

So, it will likely be a couple more months before there will be many "I've PASSED the 2006 objectives", but I'm confident they will be forthecoming :)

Best wishes and let us know how you do :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Yes. of course you are right. I already holding 2003 certification. but my goal is CCNA. During studing towards CCNA i was thinking to take A+. It will be good idea because I am not a hardware gal.
  • Options
    kahawala wrote:
    Yes. of course you are right. I already holding 2003 certification. but my goal is CCNA. During studing towards CCNA i was thinking to take A+. It will be good idea because I am not a hardware gal.

So if you already have the A+, I'm unclear why you'd want to take the exams again? People do, but certainly your time could be better invested in more advanced certs/training, no??

Why not try Server+ if you would like additional hardware 'practice'?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• Options
    Plantwiz wrote:
    So if you already have the A+, I'm unclear why you'd want to take the exams again? People do, but certainly your time could be better invested in more advanced certs/training, no??

Why not try Server+ if you would like additional hardware 'practice'?

Ohh I am sorry it was my mistake. I mean I am holding MCSA 2003 certificate not A+
    I already have Network+. I know many guys in my compnay they are holding A+ certificate. and also they told me it will be beneficial for future promotion. I have no idea but i bought some books from amazon. I am working as a network Administrator thats why i am decide to go with CCNA. sorry for the my mistake
  • Options
    Personally, if it was me....I'd likely skip the A+ since you already have an MCSA. While Server+ isn't as recognized...that's probably a better fit to where you are in your career already. Or better still get the Security+ to add to your MCSA.

Your choice, but I see limited benefit of having the MCSA and then going back to obtain an A+....just keep moving forward. I know and worked with several people who maintained networks and never took the A+ exams. Again, your choice. I'd probably pass if I was in your position.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____

• Options
    losercorelosercore Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nothing wrong with getting the basic hardware knowledge down. You never know what you will run into out there.