CCIE Sec written

HarryhclHarryhcl Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I will be taking the sec written this Thursday and just noticed the 350-018 blue print now includes ASA,CSA,MARS and C-SM.

Has anyone recently taken the exam and if so could they indicate just how much of the Cisco security product section is new stuff?

I took it last 2 years ago for my recert and I am doing the same again. (may have left it a bit late icon_smile.gif )

Cheers
"If it looks good and its not working... Reload it"

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Which blueprint -- V1 or V2? It sounds like you may be looking at the V2 version.

From the Cisco CCIE News and Announcements page

20 March 2007 - CCIE Security Written v1.0 Extension

The CCIE Security written exam v1.0 will continue to be offered at all worldwide testing centers until April 24th, 2007. Candidates planning to take the Security written exam after April 24th, 2007, should be familiar with the topics on the CCIE Security written exam v2.0 blueprint.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • HarryhclHarryhcl Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cheers,

looks like i am looking at the version 2 blueprint but I expect I will be taking the older test.

suits me icon_smile.gif

Thanks again
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck Thursday and welcome on board!
  • romainromain Member Posts: 222
    Welcome in Harry icon_wink.gif
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • jimjamukjimjamuk Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have to admit when I saw the changes to the v2 exam I put my foot down to get the v1 passed. Firstly needed to recert the NP before that ran out but had been studying it on and off for 9 months or so - didn't want those goalposts moving mid study.

v2 of the lab now though but as the guidelines are fairly new I can be certain that I will be studying towards a v2 lab for the next couple of years at least - plenty time to get the lab out the way

jimjamuk
    Cheers guys
    not very inspiring 79% but its good enought for another 2 years and only 3 days study leave icon_smile.gif

Thanks for your support
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats. And dont' worry about the 79% being low or high. . . it's about 78% higher than I would have scored. icon_cool.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats! And I agree with Slowhand, nothing wrong with 79% icon_thumright.gif
  • jimjamukjimjamuk Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats matey,

as long as the congrats appears - who cares what you got!!!!

now you have won the oppotunity to study some more for the next year or so!!

jimjamuk
    jimjamuk wrote:
    now you have won the oppotunity to study some more for the next year or so!!
    That was for a re-cert...... Harryhcl can kick back on a beach drinking Coronas for the next 23 months. :D

Oooooooh!! A very low "vanity number" -- nice!!! icon_mrgreen.gif (<-- green with envy)

I was working with another vendors equipment and didn't even start to consider the CCIE until the numbers were over 10K. Then I think I looked at the CCIE again and the numbers were in the 14s.

Hum.... maybe someday the CCIEs with the 6-digit numbers will look back with envy on the low 5-digit # I'll hopefully get this year. icon_lol.gif