Options

I'll be taking the SSCP exam this month

fvafva Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I registered for the SSCP exam last night, so I will be taking it towards the end of this month.

I'm feeling about 80% ready to take it, so I will be focusing a lot of time on studying the next couple of weeks.

Sincerely,

Frank

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good luck on the exam, let us know how it goes.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Good luck!

What study material are you using?
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Yes, good luck! I'll be taking the SSCP later this year, and I'll be very interested to read what you think of it.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    SSCP is on my to do list.

Im just bidding my time till i meet the requirements.

Give us a good post review of the exam and how your prep'd
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Let us know how it goes.

I would like to work on this one but I can't get my boss to put this on my development plan unfortunately.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    My study materials are as follows:

There are 5 CISSPs where I work, and they have led 1 hr training/review sessions a week for each of the 7 domains. The last session was today.

We all received the Wiley SSCP book, and the goal was to read the given domain prior to the training. A number of people have also bought the Syngress SSCP book, myself included.

We also have access to the Skillsoft training site, and I've been going through those modules sas I can.

I have 3 different short SSCP study guides, and have been using the cccure.org website for practice exams. I have also been writing up many 3x5 inch note cards to help me with various topics and definitions. I've been studying off and on the past 2 months but will need to go into serious study mode the next couple of weeks.

Frank.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    I am taking the SSCP exam on Saturday. Everyone please think happy positive thoughts that I will pass it. icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    I'll be sending happy vibes your way this Saturday. :D I'm planning on taking the SSCP sometime, uh, this year too.