Brad's Rant About CompTIA Mailing Times

GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
Well, I passed my A+ on 11/12/2003, and was adivsed that it may take 4-6 weeks to received welcome kit in the mail. Not a problem, I'm a patient man. But still I checked the comptia website everday for updates. I was over-joyed on 12/03/2003 when the website informed me that they had mailed my kit. Now here it is 12/19/2003 and still no A+. I've come to the conclusion that comptia must be located on the moon or something given their mailing times. Oh well, I've got bigger things to worry about. I had my boss order the books for me to start on my Oracle Certified DBA cert. I should have the materials my monday or tuesday, and then SQL becomes my life for next 3 or 4 months. But just to put my mind at ease, has had anyone else similar problems with "Fulfillment request #******* for A+ 2001 Kit; status: Mailed " and then not getting it?
Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman

Comments

• matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    I passed mine on the 15th and they also said they mailed my kit on Dec 3rd.

I'm in the same spot as you...... still waiting on the kit. Maybe it got intercepted by the Klingons? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do they mail you anything for passing the Net+ test? I passed mine yesterday.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    I don't think there is a cert that doesn't mail you atleast a paper certificate. But I am starting to suspect the Klingon's as well, or perhaps just a malicious mail man. :)
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I passed the A+ on Jan24 of this year, I got my A+ kit on March 4. It may take a while for you get it. It's normal, but the Klingons wouldn't surprise me either.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    Well, the kligons must have given up, cuz I finally got my welcome packet in the mail yesterday. Although I could have been much happier with the way it came. Despite the card-board backing in the package to prevent bending, and the bold text on the envelope that reads "DO NOT FOLD", it was folded and then crammed into my mailbox with about 15 magazines by the U.S. postal service. But it's all good, I've got it straightened out and setting underneath a large stack of books to help press it back to normal. Anybody else get their's yesterday?
  • matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    Nope icon_sad.gif

Still waiting on mine. I'm thinking about asking CompTIA, not that I'm expecting a response or anything. icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad to hear you got yours.

Maybe the Klingons will hand mine over soon.
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Ghent wrote:
    Despite the card-board backing in the package to prevent bending, and the bold text on the envelope that reads "DO NOT FOLD", it was folded and then crammed into my mailbox with about 15 magazines by the U.S. postal service.

I got my cert in a perfect geometrical fold. So I'm like, "Nice measurements here!" I just got it pressed and laminated at kinko's. It's flat and neat now.[/quote]
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.