Hmmm, no remote desktop?

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
Okay so i've been having a fairly odd issue with my home desktop PC. A few months ago i did a fresh, clean install. Remote desktop was installed and working fine before. After the reformat and reinstall, remote desktop is no where to be found. It won't install off the Cd also, so i'm not sure whats going on. I belive at somepoint i tried downloading it with no luck....

any ideas?
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    What version of Windows are you using? If it's not XP Pro (or Vista), I believe that RDP won't come on the disc.

This is where you go to download it, if it's not available from Windows Update

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Hm, thats odd, i thought i included that. Oh well. Its XP Pro SP2.

• Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have installed the latest Remote Desktop Update/Version then it is just in a different location.

Old Location: Start > All Programs > Accessories > Communications > Remote Desktop

New Location: Start > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop

Or check here: C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    bump... no remote desktop on any users start menu. no mstsc.exe file in system32, but the installer won't let me install claiming its installed with my os.

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    What does the command 'mstsc' do from command line?
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can always try the new updated client here. This should allow you to install even if Windows thinks there already is a client installed since this is a new 6.0 client that came out this year.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks