Passed Hardware today

gsomangsoman Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Man i was glad that i passed hardware this morning, i scored 595. which is kinda low but i take that anytime. I got slammed with questions about configurations and troubleshooting and basic networking questions. Not much on IRQ, DMA, I/O addresses or CPUs. I did not feel good during the test, because i did not concentrate on the troubleshooting side of the exam, but surely happy that i came out passing.

Comments

• blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    Congratz! I'm planning to take the hardware exam next week... It should be interesting. icon_pale.gif
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

Which exam is up next? :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • gsomangsoman Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am going for the OS part, i am not really familiar with the OS. So i think that it going to take me at least a month before i am going to take the OS exam. Any thoughts on what i should focus on the most? Any info would be great.

Thanks
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    gsoman wrote:
    i am going for the OS part, i am not really familiar with the OS. So i think that it going to take me at least a month before i am going to take the OS exam. Any thoughts on what i should focus on the most? Any info would be great.

Thanks

From what I remember in the preparation course I took, take note of the various troubleshooting tools in Windows.

msconfig.exe
    Defragmenter
    I think memtest386 is mentioned...
    general "internal and external" DOS commands
    Recovery Console
    Startup menu options
    Computer Management (and all the nice tools contained in it)

That's all I can think of right now. I'll bet anything the OS exam will ask about all those tools... crash.gif
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson