Options

Hardware Failure

GroundChuckGroundChuck Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, being the over confident person i am, i actually thought i was ready to take the A+ Core Hardware Exam.... With my luck i made a 498. Just glad i bought that second voucher. Anyone have some good study tips or online resources?

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    I can remember about 4 years ago I thought I was ready for the A+ and failed on my first attempt. After that I bought the Mike Meyers AIO and read all 1200 pages and read it again. During that time I worked on whatever I could and toyed around with computers I had acquired during this time. The next time I faced it, it was really easy and the same with the OS, even though it was harder.

Anyways, back to your question, you need to put in more study time and hit your weak spots as the printout from the exam probably told you what you were weak on. It wouldn't hurt to learn the in and outs of the hardware and os of a computer also. I tell you every year I look back and think about how little I understood about computers the year before. Good luck.
  • Options
    gsomangsoman Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i just took the test and passed it yesterday. i used mike meyers, exam cram2 and this cbt i bought from ebay. Mike meyers book is ok, exam cram did not help much, but the CBT from Testout Navigator is a really good study source for me. Good luck.
  • Options
    wwpranmawwpranma Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 116
    I am so glad someone else said that and not me. I've read the exam cram 2 AND the meyers, and you know what, exam cram 2 is good for nothing but confusing you. They have some good analogies, and I'm sure someone else would disagree with me and they prolly would be right, but the exam cram 2 book and it's afformentioned glorious "quiz's" all seem WAY out of line. But I'll know that for a fact when I take the test tomorow.
    Artificial Intelligence is nothing compared to the power of Human Stupidity.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Well, being the over confident person i am, i actually thought i was ready to take the A+ Core Hardware Exam.... With my luck i made a 498. Just glad i bought that second voucher. Anyone have some good study tips or online resources?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Get the objectives from CompTIA and review them throughly.
    -Meyers book is highly recommend
    -Get more experience and then try the exam again.

Your close, just need a bit more prep.

Best wishes.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?