Exchange 2003

Mr.BobsterMr.Bobster Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I am having some problems with exchange 2003 (no I cant run exchange 2007 as server 2003 x64 crashes constantly with a bsod MEMORY_MANAGEMENT icon_sad.gif so I decided to stick to 32bit until I upgrade)

Anyways, I have installed exchange 2003 on server2 and server1 is the DC in the domain and I have this problem which is that clients cannot connect regardless of using POP3 or IMAP or outlook 2003 connection to exchange (I think its MAPI or something like that) or outlook web access for the user account.

I am suspecting this has (from event log) has something to do with it
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeAL
Event Category:	LDAP Operations 
Event ID:	8270
Date:		30/03/2007
Time:		6:52:13 p.m.
User:		N/A
Computer:	SERVER02
Description:
LDAP returned the error [32] Insufficient Rights when importing the transaction 
dn: <GUID=CDF99A6F04EF5246B6108B3876FDDFAB>
changetype: Modify
showInAddressBook:add:CN=All Users,CN=All Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=*****
: CN=Default Global Address List,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Cont...
mail:*****
textEncodedORAddress:c=NZ;a= ;p=*****;o=Exchange;s=*****;g=*****;
proxyAddresses:X400:c=NZ;a= ;p=*****;o=Exchange;s=*****;g=*****;
: SMTP:*****
msExchPoliciesIncluded:add:{7AE550A3-7017-4E57-A97E-A1ADA74A4260},{26491CFC-9E50-4857-861B-0CB8DF22B5D7}
msExchALObjectVersion:105
objectGUID:CDF99A6F04EF5246B6108B3876FDDFAB
-
 DC=*****,DC=*****,DC=nz 

For more information, click [url]http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp[/url].

and possibly this
Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	MSExchangeAL
Event Category:	Address List Synchronization 
Event ID:	8315
Date:		30/03/2007
Time:		6:52:13 p.m.
User:		N/A
Computer:	SERVER02
Description:
The service could not update the entry 'CN==*****,=*****,,CN=Users,DC==*****,,DC==*****,,DC=nz' because inheritable permissions are not propagated to this object. The inheritable permissions may be disabled because the object belongs to a Windows 2000 administrative group or the inheritable permissions were disable explicitly by an administrator. DC==*****,,DC==*****,,DC=nz 

For more information, click [url]http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp[/url].

Just wanting to see if there is any advice. The domain had previously had Exchange 2007 installed however seeing the server02 repeatedly get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT errors, I decided to use ex2003 instead.

Thanks

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like the Exchange Servers don't have permission for the RUS. This might help you some more:
    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=8270&eventno=332&source=MSExchangeAL&phase=1
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Mr.BobsterMr.Bobster Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply, Ive done some research, ran setup.exe /domainprep again, now I am still having the same problems though.

Nothing now is being written to Application Log in event view from Exchange except the information saying its rebuilding the list.

Outlook says "The name cannot be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list"

I tried to use my account name and administrator account name, only administrator strangely has a mailbox (not including smtp, sys attendent etc). The administrator doesnt have a logon.
    I don't know if thats helpful information as I dont know much about Exchange at all, thats why Im playing around with it.

Are there any suggestions on possible fixes? (without formatting ALL servers in domain because that is drastic considering it took me a whole day trying to install fedora on virtual server (i can always back up the vhd))

Thanks