Rockin' a new 22" Widescreen TFT

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
This thing is fantastic! :)

Dell E228WFP - can't wait to try out some games on it!

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow... only 300 dollars. Make me sad that I bought my 22 inch CRT (about 70 pounds) for like 400 dollars.

Actually I bought it for 600 dollars.

http://reviews.cnet.com/NEC_MultiSync_FE2111SB_BK/4505-3175_7-20283601.html
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ya, LCDs have really come down in price. I remember it was only about 14 months ago I bought my Gateway 21" for $599.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • DirtySouthDirtySouth Member Posts: 314 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sweet...congrats on the new display.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    heh, we bought a 17-19" (forgot what size) for $300 two years ago, so nice deal!
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • IncInc Member Posts: 184
    I bought this one:

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/graphicseries/vg2230wm/

Satisfied so far :)

Only one downside - impossible to watch anything less than DVD9 quality ;)
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    I got a nice 13" black and white from Zenith. Still got the rabbit ears too.
    Working on Linux+
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Buy three of those monitors and connect them together with this.
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats what a buddy of mine has done - built it into his own gaming machine.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • davenportdavenport Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is nice isn't it. I've been "rockin' a 22"" for a few months and I love it. I plan on buying another one in the near future and running a dual setup. I'm running two 17"'s at work and once you get used to it, its a hard habbit to break.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    jdmurray wrote:
    Buy three of those monitors and connect them together with this.

Looks cool for gaming, but my neck already starts to hurt after 'shaking no' to a 22" for a couple of hours.

And I'm not just saying that because I only have a 15" notebook and yesterday someone placed a higher, winning, bid on what should have been my 'new' blue Alienware with a 16.1" screen. That's almost 3 centimeters more! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Webmaster wrote:
    That's almost 3 centimeters more! icon_mrgreen.gif
    It's not the size, it's how you use it! icon_cheers.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    jdmurray wrote:
    Webmaster wrote:
    That's almost 3 centimeters more! icon_mrgreen.gif
    It's not the size, it's how you use it! icon_cheers.gif
    icon_lol.gif
  • chager00chager00 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hate to rain on a parade, but I bought a 22" WS a few weeks ago myself. I like it. I don't love it, except when I'm gaming or watching a DVD - which isn't often. I "downgraded" from two 17" LCDs. It feels like a downgrade, because the max resolution is 1680x1050 - which is common as far as I can tell for 22's. Anyone able to get more resolution from theirs? For as physically large as the screen is, 1680x1050 seems kinda pathetic to me...I actually can't fit as much on my screen as I could with two 17's I thought it would at least be close. That said, is there a utility out there that can allow you to force higher resolutions? Is that even possible? icon_confused.gif With the two 17's each set at 1280x1024, my overall desktop real estate was a whopping 2560x1024. Hey, but at least I don't have that 2 inch black bar down the center of my "screen" any more. :D
  • hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    The published resolution is a hardware limitation, even if you could, which I have done it doesn't work out. You lose image quality because the monitor is now working outside of working specs. Espicailly new components, they usually can detect what frequency and resolution is being requested of it and it will just display the "unable to display" message onscreen.
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Nice!

I just purchased a 22" myself about a month ago.

I love the Ipod docking station thats built in.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&prodid=11182964&ec=BC-EC12046-ProdID11163877&pos=0F
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    LukeQuake wrote:
    This thing is fantastic! :)

Dell E228WFP - can't wait to try out some games on it!

Nice, Dell monitors are my favorite. I have the Ultra Sharp 2007WFP. LOVE IT.