New microsoft certificates

Hello all,

I did my first microsoft certification on march 16th (70-282), and gained the mcp status with ms. Yesterday I received my welcome kit, and i must I was anxious to get it. So, i open the folder and look at the certificate and WOW, ITS UGLY. I have seen the old mcp certificate, but the new one is a white paper page, with no embossing, no watermark, just the mcp logo and Black on white writing of your name and status.

I do hope that the new mcsa certificate is not as ugly. (Not that its gonna prevent me from doing it, anyway. But i wish it could look good on the wall too).

Anyone else was disapointed ?

Doom969
Doom969
MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
CompTIA : A+

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look one post above (the stickies):
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13992
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • doom969doom969 Member Posts: 304
    oops, thanks

Doom969
    Doom969
    MCITP (EST - EA ) - MCT
    A+ - IBM - SBSS2K3 - CISCO_SMB
    CompTIA : A+
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The MCSA isn't much better....

What's really ironic is that Microsoft provides certificate template downloads that look better than the certificates they give you in their welcome kits.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/results.aspx?qu=certificates
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I didn't really take note of the certificate so much as I snatched up that nice credit-card looking MCP card. It's very slick, and it can be used at Microsoft events to prove your MCP status. I thought it was very slick, especially after those cheesy paper cards from CompTIA (unless you pay more money to get them laminated).

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just throw my certifications in a box. All I care about is my latest wallet card.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    icroyal wrote:
    I just throw my certifications in a box. All I care about is my latest wallet card.

Precisely. I have my actual certificate papers in a box, and I have the cards in my wallet as my actual proof of certification when I'm out among other professionals. Someday, maybe, I'll frame the certs that are still current and put them up in whatever office I'll have. . . right next to my cheap, badly-printed (future) college diploma.

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    For some real fun, try to pay for something with your MCP wallet card and watch the clerks reaction.
    keatron wrote:
    For some real fun, try to pay for something with your MCP wallet card and watch the clerks reaction.

I did that once, by mistake. I was told by the clerk to "GETTHEHELLOUTOFHEREYOUSTUPIDYUPPIE<expletive><expletive><unintelligible><unintelligible><I began to lose interest at this point>".

And yes, it was hilarious. icon_lol.gif

• sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The MCTS certificates aren't much better either and they are smaller than the MCP certs.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2