Options

Think I'm ready?

p0etp0et Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been studying with the Sybex books, online guides, this site, and ExamCram books. I just tried Transcender and Preplogic over the weekend for my first time and immediately scored in the 800's for each attempt. You guys think I'm ready to write the real exam now? I'm psyching myself out (again). icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    If you read those books and guides and continue to practice those exams then yes, it sounds like you are ready. I do suggest continuing to use the Transcender and Preplogic exam until you score in the 90+.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, but I was scoring in the high 90's, like 96% and 98% on the exams which works out to high 800's out of a possible score of 900. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Sounds to me like you are ready
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Go for it, Tiny!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Go knock it out of the park, you're ready.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    hahaha Tiny... ohhhhhhhhh if you only knew. icon_cool.gif

I'll let ya know how I do.

Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm still waiting on a voucher from work in order to write this test, but noticed many answers that don't seem correct.

Which of the following are classified as Layer 2 devices?
    A) Hub, Switch, Bridge
    B) Switch, Bridge, NIC

Answer: A). I don't beleive this is correct, since I think Hubs are Layer 1 devices and NICs are Layer 2 devices. My answer would be B)

Which of the following authentication protocols requires the use of an NTP server to synchronize the workstations date and time with the server?

A. Kerberos
    B. RADIUS
    C. PAP
    D. MSCHAP

Answer: A). Some practice exams have been saying that B) is the correct answer and others say A) is correct. Which one is it?

In order to maximize uptime during a brownout, what type of UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) should be implemented?

A. Surge
    B. Online
    C. Spike
    D. Standby

Answer: B). Again some exams say A) is correct whereas others say it's B). I would think it's A) because when you have a power surge, that's when brownouts occur.

10Base-FX networks have a maximum distance of 3 kilometers. I thought this max was 2kms for 10BaseFX.

Single mode Gigabit fiber supports distances of 5 kilometers. Again some sources say the longest 1000Base anything is single mode at 2kms.

Thanks!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1st answer is definitely B.

2nd answer is definitely Kerberos. Kerberos requires clocks to be no more than 5 minutes in sync with each other. It's the same way with NTLM, but instead of 5 minutes, it's 30 minutes.

I believe it's B, not sure though.

You can find information about cabling here
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    p0et wrote:

In order to maximize uptime during a brownout, what type of UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) should be implemented?

A. Surge
    B. Online
    C. Spike
    D. Standby

Answer: B). Again some exams say A) is correct whereas others say it's B). I would think it's A) because when you have a power surge, that's when brownouts occur.
    There are two modes that I am aware of when working with UPSs - Online and Standby. Online UPSs allow the devices connected to them to utilize the battery all of the time. When it is plugged in, it simply continually charges the batter. This provides a level of conditioning as well as a quick switch-over time when the power goes out. Stand-by UPSs have a switch-over time from regular power to the battery. Sometimes the time it takes to change over between the battery and power it great potentially causing your system to lose power.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    p0et wrote:
    I'm still waiting on a voucher from work in order to write this test, but noticed many answers that don't seem correct.

Which of the following are classified as Layer 2 devices?
    A) Hub, Switch, Bridge
    B) Switch, Bridge, NIC

Answer: A). I don't beleive this is correct, since I think Hubs are Layer 1 devices and NICs are Layer 2 devices. My answer would be B)

Yes, a hub is a layer 1 device whereas a NIC has a MAC address associated with it which would then operate at layer 2(or is that wrong? icon_eek.gif ) . Never seen a question like that but makes you go back to theory and test the grey matter with powers of logic and reasoning :)
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!