Options

Kinda scared

SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I've gone and scheduled my Net+ test for Monday, bright and early. I've been condfident so far since I've been studying for my CCNA and also signed up for a Net+ class this week as a nice review, but now I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I'm sure I know enough to pass, but I'm worried that I'm going to worry myself to failure. Anyone have any good suggestions as to how to get rid of these jitters?
Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch

Comments

• Options
    initialdinitiald Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've gone and scheduled my Net+ test for Monday, bright and early. I've been confident so far since I've been studying for my CCNA and also signed up for a Net+ class this week as a nice review, but now I'm starting to get a bit nervous. I'm sure I know enough to pass, but I'm worried that I'm going to worry myself to failure.

.....How much Network+ study time have you put in outside of the class? If you feel you know the material, just relax. If not, I think you still have time to reschedule...right?

By the way, I'm taking my exam this coming Saturday. icon_cool.gif

Anyone have any good suggestions as to how to get rid of these jitters?

....I usually have a cold beer. :o
    Regg'

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used to be nervous when sitting my exams. Now, when I click finish, I'm just like, "eh, whatever, just another exam." Point is, you're new to the certification game so you're nervous starting out. You'll get used it. It's like going into a new job, not knowing the environment, and not knowing the people. You eventually adapt and it becomes your home; in a sense. Good luck on the exam.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    paulkantorpaulkantor Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was nervous on my first sitting also, but you get used to it. Go in there like you own it! And you will pass!

Good luck!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    What I found helps me is to chew on gum or have a hard candy with you... I've noticed a huge difference with the hard candies because once they run out in the middle of the exam that's when I would start feeling the nervous jitters.

Just something to try.

Good luck on the exam.
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm fairly sure of myself as I've been working with cisco equipment for the last three years as a jr. network engineer in the military. I've also been studying for the CCNA exam so that stuff is fresh in mind and after looking over the questions on this site, I've only gotten 1 wrong so far (though that's not saying much) I wish I had gotten a hold of a transcender or prep logic test sim but I figured that if I was going to keep my date with the CCNA exam in late April, I'd best not delay this test. I'm also taking a course at the local branch of New Horizons here and I asked the instructor to quiz me and judge if he thinks I'm ready to sit and he gave me the thumbs up as well. So with all these pluses, I think I'm ready. I'm just not wanting to worry myself into a fail because I tend to worry about things and that usually messes me up. I guess I'll just have to have a good long talk with Captain Morgan to calm the nerves until monday :D
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
    deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    You should do fine. Even if you have the jitters after the 1st few questions, you'll probably calm down. Just make sure you take the time to go through the exam twice if you have the time.

Make sure you and the Captain part ways by Saturday night! icon_lol.gif
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • Options
    gorelordgorelord Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i was nervious the first time as well and i fail then i waited for like a month. now since i knew what i was expecting it was kinda easy the second time. good luck and be positive!!!!!
  • Options
    SrAtechie wrote:
    I guess I'll just have to have a good long talk with Captain Morgan to calm the nerves until monday :D

Ah...the good Captain. :)

SrArtechie. I passed my Network+ today.:) You go in there and knock that bad boy out of the park on Monday! icon_thumright.gif
    Regg'

• Options
    SrAtechie, how did you do?
    Regg'