Options

two questions

Mr.BobsterMr.Bobster Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
I have two questions about this exam (supposeibly).
One, is 70620 more or less the same as this?

Secondly,seeing that there doesnt seem to be many (if any) books on this exam, the main question is what would you rate the Courses from MS Elearning? namely, courses 5351,5356 and 5365.

Are they suitable for 70260 (621 in my case later)?

Just wanting some opinions because I have those courses are avaliable in Technet and I attended this event at university and some Microsoft people gave me a free exam voucher for these "new generation" exams which expires at around the same time those Elearning courses expires for me. (I mean of course Im going to use but I just like some opinions on how those elearning courses go :))

I felt I should have grabbed more of those vouchers instead of being nice and taking just one icon_twisted.gif

Jason

Comments

• Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    71-620 was the beta exam for 70-620. As far as the MS Elearning course go I have no idea. I would say if you get a Windows Vista book from amazon.com and install/configure the OS in a lab while following the objectives you should be fine on the exam. I did not think it was all that difficult although I have done Desktop Support for years. Here is a link to the objectives to 70-620. Good Luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-620.mspx
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    pllegendspllegends Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the e-learning is good to zoom in on what needs to be known but I find that because it is like watching a powerpoint presentation, some of the specific details that wind up on the test are sometimes lacking. I do use e-learning myself (its makes a great review tool) but I supplement it with a book or the webcasts, that sometimes go over scenarios or questions people ask that are similar to the tests (sometimes I think that it is in these seminars that they get some of the ideas for their questions). Good Luck, remember, know Vista's features as a techie that provides configuration and support not as a user that needs to know just the basics and play around with the settings if you have Vista to learn the buttons and click boxes.
  • Options
    Mr.BobsterMr.Bobster Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok, thanks for the replies,
    I shall put this in my exam queue

I am in the middle of studying 70 291 so I dont think its a good idea to jump to vista right now (the exam of course) :)

Jason
  • Options
    pllegendspllegends Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    p.s.
    70-291 very tough, high failure rate. Do not rush to take it until you are very comfortable with it, use simulator programs or get the evaluation copy to get familiar with all the settings
    You must know your DNS!! and Routing and Remote Access!!!
    About three simulations and alot of drag and drop scenarios, as well as the usual multiple choice.
    Also read the questions carefully, you need to answer what they are looking for, not the solution to every problem in the scenario.