*TechNotes* 70-290 Windows 2003 Server

WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
Here's a list of a my current TechNotes for the Windows 2003 Server 70-290 exam, which should give you complete coverage of the corresponding exam objectives (listed at the bottom of each TechNotes). The TechNotes are also available in a printer-friendly format, and eventually I will combine them in a single PDF file. Let me know if you have any comments, suggestions so I can edit/add it before it ends up in the PDF guide.

icon_arrow.gifManaging Groups
Covers group types, scopes, default/builtin groups, group automation and more.

icon_arrow.gifShared Folders and NTFS Permissions *NEW*
Covers configuring, troubleshooting, and combining shared folders and NTFS permissions, effective permissions, ownership, and permission inheritance.

icon_arrow.gifRemote Administration and Terminal Server
Covers Remote Desktop, Remote Assistance, configure and troubleshooting Terminal Server, Remote Desktop Connection.

icon_arrow.gifShadow Copy Volumes
An overview of a new feature in Windows 2003 called Shadow Copy Volumes including details on how to configure it.

More are on the way...

Happy reading! :)

Johan

Comments

• chiwichiwi Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey thanks for your tech notes, in case no one else has mention it. I am about to do my 70-290 exam (this Thursday!) so am thrawling through sites like yours to suck up any additional info.

:)
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for the appreciation :D

and good luck with your exam!
  • ronorono Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for technote ,Johan :D
    Mess with the best,Die like the rest!
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I just uploaded new TechNotes for the 70-290 exam covering the following exam objectives:
    Managing and Maintaining Access to Resources

Troubleshoot Terminal Services.
    - Diagnose and resolve issues related to Terminal Services security.
    - Diagnose and resolve issues related to client access to Terminal Services.

Managing and Maintaining a Server Environment

Manage servers remotely.
    - Manage a server by using Remote Assistance.
    - Manage a server by using Terminal Services remote administration mode.

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/70290/terminalservices.shtml

I spent a lot of time on this one as the exam objectives are a bit vague, but I'm quite sure you'll be able to answer any question about terminal services, remote desktop and remote assistance on the 70-290 exam after reading it.

Feel free to give comments/suggestions. I've read it over several times after writing it, but don't hesitate to report a spelling error or anything that seems weird (apart from the author that is ;) )
  • mojdehmojdeh Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dear johan
    thanks for all of work.
  • Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Hey webmaster

joined this forum fairly recently and have made good use of your sticky notes for 70-270 which i sat and passed a few weeks ago. I found them very helpful indeed, thanks. Was jus wondering if there would be any more for the 70-290 exam, although maybe a lack of serious interest has maybe put a stop to this?
    Ally77 wrote:
    Was jus wondering if there would be any more for the 70-290 exam, although maybe a lack of serious interest has maybe put a stop to this?
    Hi,

yes, there'll be more 70-290 TechNotes in the future. There's plenty of serious interest from our visitors considering the current TechNotes are read dosens of times a day, it's just that I'm working on so many things (other exams) right now.
  • Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    No problem, was jus wonderin if there would be more as they are certanily helpful

Thanks
  • KylanKylan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi. Very good info!!!!!!! Thanks for it. When are you posting more? :)
  • TravlerTravler Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Johan, you are the MAN!

Your Net+ Technotes got me through the Net+ beta test, and now I'm starting to study for 70-290. I would have liked to taken 70-270 first, but since my work is sending me to Microsoft class 2273, I guess I'll take 70-290 instead!

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks guys :D

There has been an increased request for 70-290 TechNotes lately, and I've got some half finished stuff basically from porting some information from the 70-270 TechNotes to 290, 'and' NTFS and share permission pops up frequently in the forums, so I'll try to finish the Share and File permissions TechNotes soon, and add some example scenarios to hopefully make the topic less confusing.

"Thanks for the continued interest in our products." icon_wink.gif
  • robertcabiyaanrobertcabiyaan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Whoaaaaaa !!!!!!!!
    Ive spent the whole day searching for some free downloads of reading items for 70-290. At last i finally found it. Thanks buddy. More power !!!!!
  • InfInf Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:

There has been an increased request for 70-290 TechNotes lately, and I've got some half finished stuff basically from porting some information from the 70-270 TechNotes to 290, 'and' NTFS and share permission pops up frequently in the forums, so I'll try to finish the Share and File permissions TechNotes soon, and add some example scenarios to hopefully make the topic less confusing.

Thanks for your work Johan. Hope those Share/File notes come soon. Permissions make me yearn for a heavy blunt object.
  • Overlord1Overlord1 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am learing now for 70-290 and i gone use youre technote as sidenotes!!

Lets hope that i can pass this one :D

greetings

Willem
  • Obi-LAN-KenobiObi-LAN-Kenobi Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D These TechNotes are the bomb! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I've been working with Server 2003 since it's release, but these notes are a great resource to touch up what you already know before the exam.
  • proteus71proteus71 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:

I'm just starting to study for this test. I have DL'd the 3 listed in the first post and eagerly await the one listed above.
    Shared Folders and NTFS Permissions
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/technotes/70290/permissions.shtml

It covers the following exam objectives from the Managing and Maintaining Access to Resources domain:

Configure access to shared folders.
    - Manage shared folder permissions.

Configure file system permissions.
    - Verify effective permissions when granting permissions.
    - Change ownership of files and folders.

Troubleshoot access to files and shared folders.

I'm glad I finally finished it but if anything is unclear or you have any comments suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Johan :D
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice. Just got the Printer friendly version and am looking it over. :)icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • jedeverajedevera Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the update. Will soon take 70-290.
  • pasajohnpasajohn Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow thanks for the great resource. I just wish I had them the first two times I took the 7- 290. It seems the the test gets harder if you fail one. I hope it helps me bring that 603 up to passing. icon_lol.gif
  • mrprexmrprex Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    THANKS FOR ALL THESE RESOURCE...THESE ARE GREAT!!!
  • opie6373opie6373 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks alot for the reading materials.
  • ArmonasiaArmonasia Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gotta get Net+ out of the way first but knowing the reading material for 70-290 was a big relief and blessing. :) The Net+ notes helped me get over the hump and now everything is starting to come together for me. Once I take that exam on to 70-290. I have 70-271. Is 70-290 similar to 70-271?
  • ProgeekProgeek Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    These study guides helped. Passed my first try.
  • gibson1gibson1 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have just ordered books for 290 and am waiting them to arrive. Now I can start my study with your materials.
    Well done buddy
    The future gets me nervous.
  • IronboxIronbox Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for this I really appreciate it.
  • noodle32noodle32 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the Technotes. I'm taking the 70-290 on the 4th of March and have found these to be quite helpful before I took the 70-270 a couple months ago.
  • osandersosanders Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What score is needed to pass 290?? icon_eek.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    osanders wrote:
    What score is needed to pass 290?? icon_eek.gif

Most, it not all MS exams are 700/1000.