"Road to a CCIE" article (good reading)

Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
In case no one has read this article, it's quite interesting for those who plan to move on to a CCIE down the road. I suppose it lets you know what's in store.

http://tcpmag.com/features/article.asp?EditorialsID=89

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    This article is already on our CCIE page:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/ccie/ccie-rs.shtml
    [edit: moved to CCIE forums]
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Great read, I skimmed through most of it. It really is a punch in the face, showing the reality of studying for the CCIE. The author has multiple CCIEs. Its funny how he mentions that while studying for the CCIE, you can't have a social life. Id wager that's true.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    "However, if you ever run into a network in real life that’s designed like a CCIE lab, hunt down the person who designed it and duct-tape that person to his/her chair! Bad lab rat! Bad!"

icon_lol.gif
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hum.... maybe this could be moved to the CCIE forum..... and we could gossip about this article like girls in a beauty parlor. icon_lol.gif

Ya know, Scott has failed the CCIE Voice Lab twice now. He is human!

Actually, in the IPExpert R&S COD he mentioned he has been to the Lab 8 times... and I think he passed the SP Lab with one day of study (since he had been teaching & doing the stuff). Not sure if those 2 Voice attempts were included in those 8 tries.

Does posting in a Cisco forum count as having a social life?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    This is going to sound retarded but he almost made it seem simple, unintentionally. I guess it just really comes down to going in there with a positive attitude and making the best of it. Some day...
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    mikej412 wrote:

Only if you can order drinks! :)
    Lab first, ask questions later
    seraphus wrote:
    mikej412 wrote:

Hey, I think you've got something there. Webmaster...think you can look into this? icon_lol.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    markzab wrote:
    seraphus wrote:
    mikej412 wrote:

Hey, I think you've got something there. Webmaster...think you can look into this? icon_lol.gif

icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12063