thinking about maybe starting CCNP soon....

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
Hey everyone.

Looking at going for the CCNP cert in the near future. Im actually gonna wait for the new text books to come out which i think is around July or something.

But anyway looking at this site:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/learning_certification_type_home.html

To me it looks like you can either do it in 3 exams or 4 exams. The 642-892 looks like its a combination of the 642-901 and 642-812, is this correct?

Also is it worth waiting for the new books to come out or will the old ones be sufficient and i can just research on the net for the changes..

thanks
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Well, when you click on the '642-892 Composite' link, what do you get?
    The Composite exam (642-892) is the quickest way for currently certified Cisco Certified Network Professionals (CCNP®) and Cisco Certified Design Professionals (CCDP®) to obtain recertification. The exam tests skills and knowledge pertaining to the Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) and Building Cisco Managed Switched Networks (BCMSN) courses. Composite may be taken to recertify CCNP and CCDP certifications; it may also be taken in place of the BSCI and BCMSN exams required for CCNP and CCDP certifications. Candidates must successfully pass both routing and switching subsections of the Composite exam to successfully pass the exam.
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Some of the books for the new CCNP exams are already being sold, and some are going to be trickling in throughout the year. You can get them from the Cisco Press website, as well as other places, like Amazon.

They've got the ONT book, the ISCW book, and the BSCI book coming in the next few months, but the stand-alone BCMSN book is already out, as is the CCNP Official Exam Certification Library.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • NetworkGodNetworkGod Member Posts: 236 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what do you mean, all those books are out already.
    What one man can do another can do.

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.

- CCNA - CCDA - BCMSN - BSCI -
    - 70-270 -
  • rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    Slowhand wrote:
    Some of the books for the new CCNP exams are already being sold, and some are going to be trickling in throughout the year. You can get them from the Cisco Press website, as well as other places, like Amazon.

They've got the ONT book, the ISCW book, and the BSCI book coming in the next few months, but the stand-alone BCMSN book is already out, as is the CCNP Official Exam Certification Library.

the CCNP-Official-Exam-Certification-Library looks good... does that include info about all 4 tests?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    There is already a new book for the new BSCI from CISCO press (self-study guide). Stop moving like a turtle in glue and buy the book and start studying!!! There will be a second CISCO press book later sometimes this summer (cert guide).

Time is a wasting! Now get moving! icon_twisted.gif
    NetworkGod wrote:
    what do you mean, all those books are out already.

Some of them won't be released until the coming months, and one of them isn't due out until the fall.

rakem wrote:
    the CCNP-Official-Exam-Certification-Library looks good... does that include info about all 4 tests?

I believe it does, I haven't seen it out in the stores, only online.

• rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    optimus wrote:
    There is already a new book for the new BSCI from CISCO press (self-study guide). Stop moving like a turtle in glue and buy the book and start studying!!! There will be a second CISCO press book later sometimes this summer (cert guide).

Time is a wasting! Now get moving! icon_twisted.gif

YES SIR!

haha, im just enjoying having freedom for a bit longer until I lose it all to the cisco world again!
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    Heh Heh.

Cisco isn't fun? :P