Spelling, punctuation on MS Simulations

I'm sure this has been asked before but I could only find an answer correpsonding to CCNA exams.

I think I know the answer but need clarification on MS tests.

In the 70-290/291, do the simulation questions expect perfect spelling and captilisation? For example, if I need to enter a WSUS sevrer name which is "SUSUpdate1" and I put in "susupdate1", is this correct in terms of the test situation.

I can understand that a spelling mistake in a text box in the "real-world" will not acheive your goal, but I'm more concerned with capitalisation, etc.

I'm going to sit my 70-290 on Friday next week and I'm not best typist. Only I can spelling the word Windows with a "3"! icon_lol.gif

Comments

• royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would think that it only matters in situations where text-fields are case-sensititive. To be on the safe side, it's obvious I don't need to say this, but make sure you type it in correctly as it asks. Microsoft has never released any information on exam scoring such as weights, what counts in a sim, etc.. What is known is that Microsoft may throw in a question or two that are technically "beta" questions and they wont' really score against you. Other than that, I don't think any other information was really disclosed about their scoring methods.

Good luck on your exam!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didn't have any questions like this on the 290 where this would have mattered. I'd say better safe than sorry though, especially if they explicitly give you the information as in your SUS server example.
  • plettnerplettner Member Posts: 197
    I purchased a Self Test Software pratcice exam and they include a great desktop sim. Unfortunately, they don;t show you where you went wrong on a sim, only that you did get something wrong. I was just thinking I might have entered a case incorrectly.
    icroyal wrote:
    What is known is that Microsoft may throw in a question or two that are technically "beta" questions and they wont' really score against you.

I didn't know this. Are these questions extra ones or are they acutally part of the standard number of questions for this test? I assume they don't tell you that you have a beta question. I've never seen anything mentioned on a question indicating this.
    icroyal wrote:
    Good luck on your exam!

Thanks. i know this one will tough, but I've put together a small domin at home and did most of the exercises. I still need to practice a little more before next week.
    For mine, as well as with the Security+, they've just been mixed in. They talk about that if you actually read through all the legal mumbo jumbo at the beginning of the test :)

The Transcender sim questions don't show you where you went wrong, but they do go through a detailed explanation of how to complete it successfully.
    A guess another question arising from this is if there is a difference between entering http://SUSMain.omnipresence.com as opposed to SUSMain.omnipresence.com

In the SelfTest kit, the instructions on the Learn Now area say I should use http://SUSMain.omnipresence.com. I've been entering the FQDN without http://

I think this is why I have failed this question on the practice repeadedtly.
    I believe that SUS communicates over the HTTP protocol, so yes, there is a difference. I had the exact same problem.
    From the SUS White Paper: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/techinfo/previous/susdeployment.mspx

Selecting Your Content Source
    You can synchronize content on your server running SUS from the Internet-based Windows Update servers, from another installation of SUS, or from a manually-configured content distribution point.
    You can configure your content source on the Set options page under Select which server to synchronize content from.
    To synchronize content from the Microsoft.com Windows Update servers, click Synchronize directly from the Microsoft Windows Update servers.
    To synchronize content from another server running SUS or a manually-configured content distribution point, click Synchronize from a local Software Update Services server. In the text box, enter the name of the server from which to synchronize.
    If you are synchronizing from another server running SUS or a server with a manually-configured content distribution point, enter the name of the server. You can enter it as: HTTP://<Servername&gt; or <Servername>. Alternatively, if you are working in a DNS environment, you can also enter the name of the server to synchronize from using its DNS name such as: HTTP://<Servername.domain>/

It looks like you can specify just <Servername>. Double check the question. It's probably specifically asking what to do in a DNS environment - I believe that's the way mine was.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    plettner wrote:
    I didn't know this. Are these questions extra ones or are they acutally part of the standard number of questions for this test? I assume they don't tell you that you have a beta question. I've never seen anything mentioned on a question indicating this.

Who knows. It doesn't really matter anyways since the number of questions on the exam varies from person to person anyways.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks