Options

Server 2003

desiredforsomedesiredforsome Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello i am having trouble with my server i have server 2003 enterprise and 2 NICS installed im trying to make my internet connection that is in a router all ready go into my server in 1 nic and come out on the other nic to be hooked up to another router to be distributed. I have tried RRAS and DHCP everytime i hook a computer up to the 2nd nic i get errors if someone could be soo kind to tell me what im doin wrong and how exactly to hook the server and the router up to the server os i can make this happen? thank you
Thanks Corey

"Your either a 1 or a 0, dead or alive"
--AntiTrust

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make sure you are using the correct cables. For instance, if you directly plugged a computer into the server's 2nd nic you should use a cross-over cable. Otherwise, plug a switch into the 2nd nic and plug your computers into the switch and see if it works.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    desiredforsomedesiredforsome Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i got the cross over cable it still same thing i get limited or no connectivity i go tthe g/w to the o/w and the g to the o so i dont know whats up
    Thanks Corey

"Your either a 1 or a 0, dead or alive"
    --AntiTrust
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi desiredforsome:

Did you set up RRAS in router mode using the wizard?

Aslo, what are you running DHCP on, the RRAS server? Did you install the DHCP relay on RRAS too? Can you give a few more details on the general setup?
    All things are possible, only believe.