something to fill the gap

7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi everyone, im looking for a little advice, i have a six month break after my network+ until i start CCNA, do any of you have any suggestions as to a good cert i can do in the gap.

thanks in advance
W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops

Comments

• mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    It really depends on what you want to do in your career...? I could tell you to go for Linux+, but you might not want to head in that direction. If you're eventually going for the CCNA, why not study up on that now?
    Working on Linux+
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks mrhaun03, basically im doing CCNA at a local uni, and the course doesnt start until september, so im at a bit of a loose end and dont want to get out of the studying habit, and another cert is always nice

thanks again
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    Go for the A+...get your hardware basics down.
    Working on Linux+
    hi again, i already have a+ and n+, sorry really need to update profile
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    There's always a need for Security. How bout Sec+?
    Working on Linux+
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    maybe security+ could be something to look into, I plan on taking that after i take my CCNA seems to be interesting me alot.
    thanks guys i will have a look into security + :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Security+ has been my favorite so far. This AD stuff in 294 is becoming kind of a drag icon_sad.gif There's a lot of work involved with the Security+, so it will definitely keep you busy.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Security+ is the one that came to mind for me as a good cert to have to compliment a CCNA.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Uptil now, it was all about getting the technology out there. Now with hacking becoming part of organised crime you would be wise to get the basics of this down now so it is refrlected in the rest of your studies. So, I would agree with the posters above. Go with Security+
    Kam.
    thanks guys! security+ it is :D
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops