Passed 70-292 - Scored 850....

This was a pretty hard test. Alot of questions were on SUS and of course DNS. Know your DNS...different type of zones, what they are used for, when to use a certain type of DNS zone, etc.

On to the 70-296 exam.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, I hear that's a big test. Good luck on 70-296.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

I've had this one on my "to-do" list for a few months now but haven't had a chance to get down to business and hit the books.

So was it actually SUS or WSUS? What resourses did you use and what did you feel was the best?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Congrats! :D
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
  • hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    Thanks!
    sprkymrk wrote:
    So was it actually SUS or WSUS?

It was all SUS. No WSUS.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    What resourses did you use and what did you feel was the best?

In all honesty, I have worked with Windows 2003 Networks from SBS all the way up to the enterprise level since it Windows 2003 released. So on the job training has been a big help. But as for the other materials used, the Sybex book, Transcender and Learnkey and the small lab I have at home is what I used for my training. Also there is a great margin of overlap between Windows 2000 certifications and Windows 2003 certifications so that knowledge was carried over and applied.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    I've had this one on my "to-do" list for a few months now but haven't had a chance to get down to business and hit the books.

Don't put it off for too long, Microsoft is planning on retiring both the 70-292 and the 70-296 tests along with the MCSA/MCSE 2000 exams in March of 2008.

• treelazytreelazy Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hhisgett wrote:
    This was a pretty hard test. Alot of questions were on SUS and of course DNS. Know your DNS...different type of zones, what they are used for, when to use a certain type of DNS zone, etc.

On to the 70-296 exam.

Just passed with scored of 700. (same as 296 icon_eek.gif )

I did finished 296 first ....... icon_rolleyes.gif

Easier than expected (what? you got pass only icon_mad.gif ),

no RRAS, not many VPN.....

only 40 questions :D

suggest study notes below:

http://www.netfresco.com/cert/70-292/
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote:
    sprkymrk wrote:

Don't put it off for too long, Microsoft is planning on retiring both the 70-292 and the 70-296 tests along with the MCSA/MCSE 2000 exams in March of 2008.

Thanks, I saw that too. I guess I need to hurry up. icon_eek.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with the next exam - the 70-296 :)

-Ken
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    hhisgett wrote:
    Thanks!
    sprkymrk wrote:
    So was it actually SUS or WSUS?

It was all SUS. No WSUS.

I find this very strange, especially since MS doesn't support SUS anymore since Dec. 6, 2006.
    http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid68_gci1120130,00.html
    I was thinking that they had updated the exam already.
    Thanks for the info. I was planning not to look at SUS anymore (using WSUS at work)
    Congrats on the pass...
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
  • tibultibul Member Posts: 240
    Just booked this exam for the 1st of june, and have started studying heavily again, just finished reading the microsoft press book for 292 now onto the sybex one and to do alot more hands on work.

Where there any other major areas that were asked on the exam other than sus and DNS that i should extensivly study?
    Studying 70-292.
    Aiming for MCSA: Security and 2003 upgrade.
    eastp wrote:
    I find this very strange, especially since MS doesn't support SUS anymore since Dec. 6, 2006.
    http://searchwincomputing.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid68_gci1120130,00.html
    Thanks for the info. I was planning not to look at SUS anymore (using WSUS at work)
    Congrats on the pass...

Well, it's probably not so strange, considering they're planning to retire the exam. While the 70-290, 70-291, etc. . . in the 2003 track are going to be continued, Microsoft probably didn't see much gain in spending the time and effort to keep the upgrade exams up to date.

• KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrat... I just got the book at mail.

Time to study upgrade exam
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    Slowhand wrote:
    eastp wrote:
    Congrats on the pass...

Well, it's probably not so strange, considering they're planning to retire the exam. While the 70-290, 70-291, etc. . . in the 2003 track are going to be continued, Microsoft probably didn't see much gain in spending the time and effort to keep the upgrade exams up to date.
    Sounds very possible,
    I read in the 2003 track forums that they where getting WSUS, so I was assuming that it would be the same for the upgrade... Stupid of me :)
    I have it booked for Friday 27the
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.