Options

Finally!!!....

buckeye45buckeye45 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
After more than a year and a half looking for an IT job, I finally got one! I'll be a systems analyst at the local hospital. I live in a rural area so finding an IT job is extremely difficult. For those of you struggling to find that first job, just hang in there and be persistent. If you're in college, look for an internship to get the experience, whether it pays or not. Get your entry level certs too because they not only look good on a resume, but when I had to take an assessment test for a job that I didn't get (probably due to lack of experience) it consisted of 50 questions from the A+ and Net+ exams that I know I aced. Who knew that knowing IRQ's would come in handy again? icon_lol.gif

Now I'm excited to start back working towards an MCSA and as soon as I am there long enough for tuition reimbursement, I'm going back to get my bachelors degree.

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats for you new job.

Raul
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    GundamtdkGundamtdk Member Posts: 210
    A year and a half looking looking for an IT job.

Is it good pay?

Damn, this is going to be tough. I have been looking for a IT job for over three months now.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Gundamtdk wrote:
    A year and a half looking looking for an IT job.

Is it good pay?

Damn, this is going to be tough. I have been looking for a IT job for over three months now.

It's different from location to location. As he said, he lives in a rural area.

Hospitals can be great places to work. I worked in one for 9 years

Good luck with the new job
    Kam.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats, I just got my first It job so its great to hear someone else has had some good luck.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck in the new role
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    gratz dude!!

i just moved to LA from Virginia.
    i have been looking for IT job also. Recruiters always call me, and i havn't landed any interview yet..lol
    it has been almost 6 months trying to get to the door of IT field.
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just don't be late at work.. Good Luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn