Passed Project+ Exam today

wolfgang73wolfgang73 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone.

Decided to take this after having a project management class at my University.

Kind of tricky but I passed with a 650

Im feeling happy :)

Regards,
"The Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess. But, he's pretty sure you're fu**ed."

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!! Any pointers for those with tests coming up? I have a Project Management for IT Pros course next week. Congrats again!
  • arlyn007arlyn007 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :)

I just passed today with a 700 - it was harder than I thought.

Just as others posted, there are alot more subjective questions in which the answer are in a grey area between 2 choices. Rarely was there a distinct right answer that came out from the 4 choices.

Not as much math formulas, (Earned Value analysis, etc) than what I expected. Had maybe 1 or two.

Learn / Know as much as there is to know on the 9 PMBOK process and especially Scope Definintion subprocess.

Transcednder did ok in prepping, but not as helpflul as I thought, but it was a good measurement to the outcome for me. I was scoring between 80 to 95% on transcenders after reading a Proj Mang Book. I wouldn't just rely on it.

Recommend reading for a week or two one of the current prime Project Management books, reading two is unnecesarry.

Next step is PMP or CAPM (I have the project hrs to qualify for PMP) and hopefully it's not as difficult as the Prj+ - though I am thinking that it probably is!
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Stuff icon_thumright.gif Congrats!
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • justus1justus1 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed a few hours ago qith a 715, and I agree with arlyn007 100%. I went to a PM course a few weeks and it covered the test very well. I used the Project+ gossary from the CompTIA site to refresh the terminology which helped more than I thought it would.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Congrats, glad you passed :)

-ken