llunargllunarg Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!!!!

They can recommend.

Which is the best book to study the CISSP

Very Thanks

Comments

• Options
    drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    Most say Shon Harris's All-In-One CISSP Guide. However, there is a lot of overhead in that book - she really breaks down the subject matter to a very fine level. Depending upon your experience in information security, you may find the book taxing to read. If you're relatively new or only have a few years of IS experience, you will likely find benefit in this book.

I don't normally like Shon Harris products, but they've helped a lot of people out there. Me, personally, I like the higher level overview of topics and went with the ExamCram CISSP prep guide. I read it once before I sat for the exam. But that's only because I've spent many years in information security prior to sitting for the CISSP.

Good luck on your exam preparation. The exam itself is EASY, however, it requires you to know a little about a lot! "An inch deep and a mile wide" is the perfect way to describe the CISSP.
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
  • Options
    llunargllunarg Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many thanks, by your comments.
  • Options
    lopezcolopezco Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like the higher level overview of topics and went with the ExamCram CISSP prep guide. I read it once before I sat for the exam. But that's only because I've spent many years in information security prior to sitting for the CISSP.
    quote]
    Exam Cram book is good as a complementary tool, but is not intended to cover what is needed to pass the exam.

Shon Harris materials has been the best investment I have done in my preparation.
    I would recomend to anyone.
    DAL
    "If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees." — Kahlil Gibran
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Shon's material is a good start. But I always recommend that you make an honest assessment of the domains. The ones you know you're weak in will require some reading other than just exam prep material. The point is to make sure you're solid at least at a basic level with all the domains. And I mean REALLY solid. Don't buy into the mile wide inch deep analogy. Get a firm understanding and you will not be sorry in the end.
  • Options
    drakhan2002drakhan2002 Member Posts: 111
    keatron wrote:
    Shon's material is a good start. But I always recommend that you make an honest assessment of the domains. The ones you know you're weak in will require some reading other than just exam prep material. The point is to make sure you're solid at least at a basic level with all the domains. And I mean REALLY solid. Don't buy into the mile wide inch deep analogy. Get a firm understanding and you will not be sorry in the end.

I'm suprised you say this keatron - I found the exam rather easy...just a lot of information is all. It could be a harder exam...in my opinion.

To be honest, EVERYONE I've ever talked to says it is "A mile wide and an inch deep." (At least the senior level people I've talked to - junior level people may find it more difficult). You're the first person who I've seen have a different view...but I guess what might be difficult for some is easy for others. :)
    It's not the moments of pleasure, it's the hours of pursuit...
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    keatron wrote:

I'm suprised you say this keatron - I found the exam rather easy...just a lot of information is all. It could be a harder exam...in my opinion.

To be honest, EVERYONE I've ever talked to says it is "A mile wide and an inch deep." (At least the senior level people I've talked to - junior level people may find it more difficult). You're the first person who I've seen have a different view...but I guess what might be difficult for some is easy for others. :)

I said that because I'm speaking in terms of more than just "passing the exam". If you're solid in all the domains, then the exam will be easier. I think it's more like half a mile wide and 3 ft deep.