Options

Do you report brain dumpers?

I have a coworker that just passed his last exam in the MCSE track and finally got his MCSE.

Was happy for him but wanted to know how he got it so darn fast. We started studing about the same time and I have not even gotten my MCSA yet let alone an MCSE.

So I asked how he did it and he told me he used .... well lets just say it is a known brain ****.

I was kinda shocked that he would use those!

What to do?

I mean do I just pretend I never heard him say that - what would you guys do?

Comments

• Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The only thing you can do. Study hard and learn all you can do. Your skills will probably push you to a better career. I guess all you can do is worry about yourself and have pride in doing it the real way.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, what I would have done is said something to him along the lines of, "You know that is known to be cheating material in the industry" and see what he says back. Also, he might have said that to you because you are just another coworker without the ability to fire him. Regardless if he said that to you, you have no proof he actually did it so no consequences would come to him. Because of that, reporting him would be useless. Now reporting an MCT for handing out bran **** materials is definitely reportable due to their being some type of tangible evidence to back up your claim. Without any evidence, it would be synonymous to going into court and saying, "This guy killed this other guy. I don't have proof but you should trust me on this and put him on Death Row." It's unfortunate that there are cheaters out there that think that they will get ahead in their career from brain dumping. When it all comes down to it, do your best, and you will be successful.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As previously mentioned you don't have complete proof that he did use them - or more importantly whether he realized what was going on. I'd just let it slide because if he really did **** his way through the MCSE path it's going to come out sooner or later during crunch time. The old saying "it all comes out in the wash" comes to mind.

Not to mention the whole tattle-tale part. You don't want to narc on your co-worker for something like that; especially if they don't know about brain ****. As I said, it will come out sooner or later when/if he doesn't know what to do in a tight situation. I'm not trying to defend him or anyone else that uses a brain **** but there are too many "if's" and "he-said, she saids" and you don't want to get into the middle of something like that. Office politics and enemies ftl!

MCTs are a different story. Report them.
  • Options
    CiscopimpenatorCiscopimpenator Inactive Imported Users Posts: 134
    I would report anyone that uses braindumps. You don't report them to your boss, you report them to Microsoft. If you report them to your boss he can't do anything.
    -Ciscopimpenator
  • Options
    heyheywhatheyheywhat Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you don't report them to Microsoft , I would plan maticoulsly to conjour an event which would require said braindumper to display their skills or lack of them. Hopefully to the knowledge of your employer.

Or keep asking them questions about stuff you've learned with proper study and ask them do they know much about it. Just to twist the knife a little on them. Accept any lame explainations and the next day say "I looked into it last night and you were wrong when you told me that yesterday" icon_twisted.gif

Just keep doing that till they feel stupid...
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good call heyheywhat!!!!!! icon_twisted.gif
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops