Getting it done! Thank God I am finally a CCSP

All,

I just got back from the testing center and have passed the SNPA (Securing Networks with PIX and ASA) 642-522 exam with a score of 965.I have studied very hard for this exam and its all over now....I have finally got the CCSP in my pocket. CCIE Security here I come!

To prepare for the exam I used the CCSP SNPA Official Exam Certification Guide 3rd Edition by Gibbs, Bastien Carter and Degu. I spent a lot of time on Cisco's website reading over the material they have about Cisco PIX and ASA. I got some hands on through the Cisco Partner E-learning Connection and was working on some Cisco PIX 515E's in our lab.

I already got the next book from the CCIE Security Reading list (Network Security Principles and Practices (Malik, ISBN# 1587050250)) and I am going to take my time reading through most of the books that I already have while I am waiting for the next couple of books from Ciscopress.com

The Road to CCIE Security begins here....

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Woohoo! Well done. Nice when it's over eh?
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Nice Job! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    Well done....good luck to you!

I will be taking the SNRS in 2 weeks, then VPN and IPS exams.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats...good luck and the written and lab!!