Field Service Engineer Fujitsu Siemens Computers IT Product

Hi All,

"Field Service Engineer with Fujitsu Siemens Computers IT Product Services"

Was wondering if anyone has worked for this company in this department and what you taughts are in relation to this position?.

Also a question that i would like some insight to, when in an interview a question that always gets me is when the interviewer asks " What are your advantage's and disadvantage's?.

The advantage's i have no problem with, it is the disadvantage's that get me i keep thinking no matter what i say i still can't come out of this question with a positive answer.

Any thought's on any of the above would be most welcoming.

Eamonn :D
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    eamo20 wrote:
    Was wondering if anyone has worked for this company in this department and what you taughts are in relation to this position?.
    Eamonn :D

Well i taught i taw a putty tat. Sorry its been a looooong day icon_rolleyes.gif

With the weakness' question the best idea is to highlight something that at first may be a weakness but explain how you overcome it to turn it into a positive.

The age old one was about being a bit of a perfectionist and having to make sure everything is done to the best of your ability.

Thats been used more than i've had cooked dinners though so to avoid a icon_rolleyes.gif from the interviewers find something orignal. Im sure others will have more ideas but im off home now, possibly via the pub so i'll wish you the best :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is this the job that you are talking about?

http://www.exp.ie/jobdesc.asp?id=3392694&JMID=3652&RefPage=Member
    The successful candidate will be responsible for providing Fujitsu Siemens customers with a high quality and effective IT maintenance and repair service. This is an entry level engineering position and will be based in the Dublin area

Key Responsibilities:

Onsite repair of mixed site EPOS equipment.
    Support of mixed vendor PC hardware.
    Support of mixed vendor server hardware & associated peripherals.
    Installation & configuration of PC, Server & EPOS hardware.
    Operating system compliant – Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP.
    Person Specification:

1-2 years relevant experience.
    Systematic with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
    Excellent communications ability (both verbal and written).
    Strong customer focus.
    Strong Teamwork.
    Operating system compliant – Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP.
    Full clean driving licence essential.
    Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Systematic

Although I don't know anyone who has worked for them before it looks like a good job to gain experience. Good luck
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Thanks for all replies, yes sthomas that is the job that i am looking at.

It should be interesting, they have given me an interview time for next Tuesday the 1st of May.
    I will have to change my day off to accomodate it, hopefully i can get the day change.

Eamonn
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I dislike that question as well. I haven't really had to respond to it for a couple of years, but it's always in the back of my mind. My two main points, that I don't think necessarily detract from myself are that:

1. My experience is in a small business environment where I manage approximately 20 users. While I understand the concepts behind RRAS, sites, etc., I've rarely had to work with and manage them on a daily basis.

2. All of my experience is with Windows Server 2003. While I could probably handle configuring a Server 2000 machine, I'd definitely have some difficulty with NT4.

Obviously, it depends on the position. Those would probably be significant problems if I was applying for a job managing a dozen NT4 sites.

I'd come up with something so it doesn't look like you're trying to come off as God, but I'd aim high so whatever you say doesn't really detract from you. So if you get asked that question while applying for a nursing position, just be like, well, I'm really not that great of a heart surgeon :D
  • bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Eamo20,

Did you end up getting that job with Fujitsu?

If so how do you like it?
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The key to the "what are your weaknesses?" question is to provide something minor but then also elaborate on how you're trying to change it. There are some people think are good but really they're not. Things like "I'm a workaholic, I will work 80 hours a week to get the job done" Sounds good but many employers will see this as not being able to work efficiently or whatever. The key is to practice the question and your answers with other people, most people have a pretty good BS meter and can tell you when you've crossed the threshold.
    The only easy day was yesterday!