Options

Planning on A+

djeddydjeddy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey ya'll, I'm 16 and planning on getting A+ Certified before I graduate icon_cool.gif and would like some answers to my questions before i begin.

Which exam should i take first? OS or Core Hardware?
Where can I buy the latest books?
Do I have to be a HS graduate to work?

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I'd say you should take the core first. I think it's like learning the human anatomy before you can go on to other med stuff. Stupid example, I know, but I feel core comes before OS.

As for where you can buy the latest books, I think you can find them almost everywhere. amazon.com is an example or any other technical bookstore.

And finally, being an HS grad is certainly important, although some employers might not make it a requirement.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you've definately got the jump on me. I'm 25 and A+ is the next exam I'm going to tackle. I just bought 'A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 4th Edition'. I just discovered theres a 5th edition out but, I got it from barnes and nobles website for $13.60 + $3.99 s.h (used). I'll let you all know how it turns out. I've also started using test vouchers to keep the cost low since I have to pay out of pocket.

there's no prerequisites as far as I know. just try to get as much hands on as you can.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    most take the core exam first.

speaking from my own experience, those who have built and upgraded computers feel more comfortable with this material and normally think they know it better. they seem to forget that by using the computer, you are gaining experience of the o/s.
    A+ Moderator