Anyone use Transcender?

ignign0ktignign0kt Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just curious what scores you got on the Transcender tests before you went to take the CCNA exam.

Comments

• NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well there are like many test you can do... i scored in most of them 85%-87%
    I scored in one 75% icon_confused.gif and in other 80% and all the rest 85%-87%

That was the first time i did it and then i reviewed my weak points....
    The second time well i scored like 95% up to 100% O_o like a week after the first try...
    After that i went confident to my exam and it was all cool... i think those practice exams are pretty goods... The only bad thing about transcender is that it doesnt include NAT in their study guide neither on the questions....

As for the study guide i think its more for like reviewing material when you already studied everything.... jeez its just 150 pages all the CCNA xD
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    As recommended in just about all the threads on Transcender tests, and practice exams in general, you should be scoring between 85% - 100% cold, before going to take the real test.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I agree. You'll likely need 70-80% correct to pass a given exam, so I'd set your goal for a minimum of 85% for any practice exam. I personally go higher because I want to genuinely master the material, but that's a good guideline for obtaining certs.
  • ignign0ktignign0kt Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah.. I know what's recommended. I was just curious what those people got on them that passed the CCNA.
    I feel like I can't study fast enough, because the more time I take to study, the more likely I am to forget something. And it's like a never ending loop is relearning and forgetting, haha.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's exactly the reason I take notes and refer back to the notes every few days. It helps remember information I have read in the past so I don't forget it as I am learning new things. If the information you want to refer back to is too long to write out, just put a sticky note on that page. Trust me, it really helps retaining past information.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I found that the practice questions here, on the Cisco Prep Center, and in the Sybex book and suplimental CD were more than enough to prepare for the CCNA exams.

If you're trying to save some money, definitely study the Cisco Prep Center, it's free and has fantastic test like questions, from the people who make the test.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What i do to retain information is something else different.... i dont do any notes or anything like that....
    Im suscribed to many forums... and also i got some class mates taking this exam... so im just go and asnwer every single question they ask me or is asked on forums so i kinda asnwer CCNA questions all days lol... its a good way to remember everything... it actually works...
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Do the CCNA exams try to trick you? The reason I ask is that I'm about to take the Intro exam (a week from today). I scored 90% on the Cisco press Intro practice exam and can score 90% or better on any given end chapter review questions in the Sybex book. I feel as though I'm ready. However, I encountered a simulation on the demo practice test (RouterSim, I think) on the CD from the Sybex book where I had to diagnose a problem with a router. The clients on the LAN couldn't communicate with the router. I checked everything that would be involved, even the IP of the e0 interface on the router, which turned out to be the answer. Apparently, it had been configured with 172.18.5.1 when they were looking for 172.16.5.1 (something to that effect). My brain must have glanced over it. There were 2 simulations on this exam, and I missed both. The second one was to set passwords and such for the console, VTY, enable. Except every time I set the VTY, it wouldn't save my settings to the running config that I had set it. Otherwise, I think I missed something like 6 out of 50, which isn't bad. Those two sims however killed my score, which I must admit rattled my cage a bit. I'm probably worried over nothing; I guess I'll chalk it up to being tired after a full day's work.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • liteheddedlitehedded Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    iproute wrote:
    Do the CCNA exams try to trick you? The reason I ask is that I'm about to take the Intro exam (a week from today). I scored 90% on the Cisco press Intro practice exam and can score 90% or better on any given end chapter review questions in the Sybex book. I feel as though I'm ready. However, I encountered a simulation on the demo practice test (RouterSim, I think) on the CD from the Sybex book where I had to diagnose a problem with a router. The clients on the LAN couldn't communicate with the router. I checked everything that would be involved, even the IP of the e0 interface on the router, which turned out to be the answer. Apparently, it had been configured with 172.18.5.1 when they were looking for 172.16.5.1 (something to that effect). My brain must have glanced over it. There were 2 simulations on this exam, and I missed both. The second one was to set passwords and such for the console, VTY, enable. Except every time I set the VTY, it wouldn't save my settings to the running config that I had set it. Otherwise, I think I missed something like 6 out of 50, which isn't bad. Those two sims however killed my score, which I must admit rattled my cage a bit. I'm probably worried over nothing; I guess I'll chalk it up to being tired after a full day's work.
    I think the most you can expect to do in a sim on INTRO is to configure Ip addresses etc. to make them talk to each other. I didn't get any troubleshooting type sims
    The purpose of those "trick" questions is to get you used to looking at the small things.
    pbosworth@gmail.com
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Paul Boz wrote:
    The purpose of those "trick" questions is to get you used to looking at the small things.
    That's probably true. I was notorious for making subnetting errors due to this same thing until I started paying better attention to the numbers. Point taken. I wonder if there was a lesson to the failure to save my VTY settings.

I've been thinking about that some. This is typically how I configure a password/login.

(config)# line vty 0 4
    (config-line)# password @#@#@#
    (config-line)# login
    (config-line)# exit
    (config)# exit
    # copy run start

Should I be issuing the login command before the password or something?
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
    It shouldn't matter. In fact, if you try to do it the wrong way on the console password it errors. I'd think that if the order of entry mattered for the telnet lines it would error out as well.
    pbosworth@gmail.com