Options

I am now Net+ Certified!

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed today! Week of HARD studying paid off. Thought that prep logic and transcender practice tests worded their questions weird, which made me nervous. Actual test questions much better to understand IMO. Very Much relieved becuase I didnt feel I put as much efffort as I did into MCP (which was like 4 months HARDCORE studying). Its either Security+ or MCSA 70-290 from here!!!

Again, I thank the cumulative effort of those who created the technotes, becuase they helped ALOT!

WOOHOO!
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    snadam wrote:
    Again, I thank the cumulative effort of those who created the technotes, becuase they helped ALOT!
    You're most welcome :D
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. It's nice to see your hard work pay off, isn't it? Good luck on the next exam you choose.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Congratulations on the pass. It's nice to see your hard work pay off, isn't it? Good luck on the next exam you choose.

That and its also nice to get recognition from your peers as well (local and distant) icon_cool.gif

Side story:

That damn survey at the end got my heart racing...I was all ready to see my score, then this stupid survey pops up. Originally, I thought I failed because I saw no score. my heart can be best illustrated by this smiley
    > icon_eek.gif

after answering about 2 of the questions, I just clicked "other" or "no preference" until I saw the score.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I konw what you mean. I hit question 14 of that survey on my test and it took a loooooooooong time to get to the next question. I got the proctor to come over and look and she was ready to go do whatever it was she had to do (and all the time I was thinking I was going to have to take the darn thing over again or something) but as soon as she stood up it cycled to question 15. Talk about keeping you in suspense! I'm currently studying for 70-270, which I assume is what you got your MCP in. If that's the case, any advice?
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
    SrAtechie wrote:
    I'm currently studying for 70-270, which I assume is what you got your MCP in. If that's the case, any advice?

That is indeed what I got my MCP in.
    You cant beat experience with the XP OS. I obviously had to study less of what I have used in years past.

Good study material like sybex and syngress books help. Microsoft press is also good too. just make sure you get the latest and greatest version.

Same with testing software. Transcender, IMO the closest to the real deal. Constant 90% scores should give you a good test score

And of course, the tech notes on this site are EXTREMELY helpful.

I didnt use CBT nuggets on this exam, but I almost wish I did. In general, they are a great tool for note taking.

I dont recall 1 subject I had trouble in, but the subjects I found I needed to study more in depth were NTFS and Shared File/Folder permissions, EFS, Backup schedules...er thats all I can really think of.

Browse the 70-270 forum too, i got a good idea of where I needed to be

Hope it helps! :D