CCNA 1 test vs. CCNA taking the 2 test route?

tomisantomisan Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Opinions Please.

I'm deciding whether to take the 1 test route or the 2 test route for my CCNA. I have a BS in IT and I also have Net+ and A+. I do not deal with networking on a daily basis.

I'm leaning towards the 2 test route because I feel it will give me a better base for the future and maybe with two tests it will be a little easier.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Comments

• emsrescueemsrescue Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the 2 exam route. I am following the cisco academy program so I did the Intro when I finished CCNA 1&2. I have just finished CCNA 3&4 and have the ICND exam booked in 2 weeks time.

Jon
  • ignign0ktignign0kt Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I havn't taken any CCNA exams yet, but I plan to take the 1 full exam. Mainly because there will be less questions total, and might cover a less broad area since it can't ask as many questions. Plus the fact that it costs less :P
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    i agree with the above. originally i going to do the two exam route but another thread on the subject made me realize that its going to cost more and there will be twice as many questions. with 1 exam theres what, 55-65 questions? that also probably means that the 1 exam route will be slightly easier in that it won't go as indepth into some of the topics, so if i don't understand one thing as well as another topic, i may not be completely screwed :)
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • blackmage439blackmage439 Member Posts: 163
    I haven't taken the CCNA yet, but I asked my teacher for my last CCNA prep course about it . Both him and this other classmate both immediately agreed that the 2-test route is much easier. I guess it's just a matter of opinion...
    "Facts are meaningless. They can be used to prove anything!"
    - Homer Simpson
  • MrfixitRightMrfixitRight Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken the CCNA yet, but I asked my teacher for my last CCNA prep course about it . Both him and this other classmate both immediately agreed that the 2-test route is much easier. I guess it's just a matter of opinion...

I asked my instructor the same question, and his response was, "You're not a wimp, are you?" Basically he was saying that if I decided to take the 2 exam route I'd be wimping out, that the 2 exam route was the easy way. I didn't take offense by this, as I know he wouldn't have said that if he didn't think I couldn't pass the 1 exam. So, I am taking the 1 exam. Not just because of this, but I do think it's the way to do it. The only time I have taken 2 exams for 1 cert was when I took the A+ exam, and I damn near aced both HW and SW. (But that was YEARS ago!!) Another thing, I don't take any exam until I KNOW I'm ready, and I haven't failed one yet! (Knock on wood.) :D
    Keyboard not functioning, Press F1 to continue

Anything that goes up, must come down. Ask any Systems Admin.

dell.jpg