Options

WHAT LEVELS OF RAID DO I NEED TO KNOW??

DamienMDamienM Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
Is it true that only RAID levels 0,1,5 are examined on Network+? Also is it enough to know for example that level 1 uses Mirroring and duplexing with 2 controllers and 2 hard disks and provides fault tolerance?? I am not sure as to what level to study this topic. Thanks Guys. Great site!!
:P
Damien Mallon

Comments

• Options
    imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi there
    This will give you what you need to know icon_arrow.gif
    http://www.techexams.net/technotes/networkplus/fault_disast.shtml

"My name is Harry Palmer"
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    RAID 0, 1, and 5 are the most common ones. I did not have any RAID questions on my exam.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    u know, i had alot of questions NOT on my exam.. mainly scenario questions and connectors.. OSI... wierd.

but yea.. if a raid question comes up.. look for 0 1 5
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DamienM wrote:
    Hi
    Is it true that only RAID levels 0,1,5 are examined on Network+? Also is it enough to know for example that level 1 uses Mirroring and duplexing with 2 controllers and 2 hard disks and provides fault tolerance?? I am not sure as to what level to study this topic. Thanks Guys. Great site!!
    :P

I think i had 1 or 2 RAID questions. be familiar with 0, 1, 5.

FYI:

RAID 1 Mirroring: 2 disks, 1 controller.
    RAID 1 Duplexing: 2 disks, 2 controllers.

That didn't seem clear when you posted.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    bdmstbdmst Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe I had one RAID question, disk mirroring. I would say a good 50% where scenarios, rest where OSI and cable mediums.
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I were you I would also look at some Token Ring material because I got hit with A LOT of Token Ring questions...I got hit with about 15-20 questions give or take. I guess it's the luck of the draw. icon_confused.gif The questions on the exam are picked from a pool of questions so you never know what you're going to get tested on.

I got 2 or 3 questions on port numbers, about 8 on the OSI, none for RAID, about 10 questions on DNS, none for for Unix, maybe 2 for hardware, about 3 for TCP/IP utilities (Ping, Tracert) and I think the rest were all troubleshooting real world scenerios. Don't remember if I had anymore questions.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    fistymcfistfistymcfist Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_eek.gif Thanks for the help guys. :P