A question (please help)

Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
The following is an example of a practice test I've taken but has really confused me.

You are creating a class A network with 8 subnets. What will the subnet mask be?

I've seen 2 different formulas.....

2^n-2
and
2^n

I don't actually use either of those methods for finding a subnet mask. Mine works just fine but the question did not specify usable subnets....

So my question is.... If I were to run across something like this on the test Would I assume usable or unusable subnets?

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Thanks for the reply Darby! Every practice test I've taken so far is assuming usable. So I think you are right that I should assume usable on the real exam unless otherwise specified. I will be taking the exam sometime between now and the end of next week... Just waiting on my voucher code to come in. I'll let you all know how I do.

Once again thanks! :)
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the 2K Beast! Please let us know how you did when you finally make the attempt.. icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Just checked my credit card and the Exam Insurance voucher went through today... So I should be getting the Voucher Code in my email soon.... I hope to take the exam on Friday. I will let you know.