Nervous... taking test tomorrow

Chris KnightChris Knight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been studying for almost 2 mos now off and on. I hope Im ready for this icon_eek.gif
"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
Chris Knight
Real Genius

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    What resources have you used to study?

2 months of study time sounds good for this exam. Best of luck to you!

One quick tip I use for exam... I swear it works.

Chew some gum while taking the exam... I tends to relax me enough to not have that fast heart beating feeling.... I've done this with hard candies before as well... Once the candy was done I got the "butterflies" feeling in my stomach.....
  • Chris KnightChris Knight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Exam Cram 2
    Mike Meyers passport
    Cant remember the sybex book name
    technotes here
    other various sites

I hate memorizing the standards like 802.3u 802.3j and what not.. also the lengths of the media, the speed and all that icon_evil.gif

its tough to remember all those... Im trying to figure out some sort of word association to go with them i.e. 10gbaseER...

Do they ask alot about the length of media?
    "Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, when he said, "I drank what?"
    Chris Knight
    Real Genius
  • Chris KnightChris Knight Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    And for the record one more time, if asked what level the NIC resides in and the choices are physical or data link which do I say? Hopefully they will ask which layerS they reside in as obvious choice would be both...

But if asked? Most of the sites I have read and books have the NIC in layer 2
    Chris Knight
    Real Genius
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    plague22 wrote:
    And for the record one more time, if asked what level the NIC resides in and the choices are physical or data link which do I say? Hopefully they will ask which layerS they reside in as obvious choice would be both...

But if asked? Most of the sites I have read and books have the NIC in layer 2
    A NIC is a physical device but "operates" in the Data-Link Layer. Have a look at the IEEE 802.2 specifications. :)
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    2 months of study is more than enough for the Network+ exam. Took me 3 weeks to get ready for it.

Make sure you go over the NetWare, Apple portion. Know your cables, topologies, OSI model, ports.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BookFella wrote:
    2 months of study is more than enough for the Network+ exam. Took me 3 weeks to get ready for it.

Make sure you go over the NetWare, Apple portion. Know your cables, topologies, OSI model, ports.

+1, I did a week of hardcore studying and I passed on first shot.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security