Passed INTRO

kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
Hey guys,

Passed my Intro today. Talk about a weight off your shoulders. I was sweating bullets but once i got into it, everything came together. I got a 916. All of you guys really helped me out. Thanks. I'm going to take a couple of days off then start studying for the ICND.

Kareem

Comments

• seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck on ICND....Know your STP/switching show commands, ACLs, routing table troubleshooting inside out :D

Good idea taking a few days off, it will relax you and let what you have learned thus far sink in

Gook luck and keep us posted
  • Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    Congratulations! I can understand the whole weight-thing issue - I'll probably take my intro test in less than two weeks. I'm curious if the test goes into ACLs other than standard ACLs? Like extended, range this-to-that, etc? Any advice?
  • iprouteiproute Member Posts: 269
    Tricon7 wrote:
    Congratulations! I can understand the whole weight-thing issue - I'll probably take my intro test in less than two weeks. I'm curious if the test goes into ACLs other than standard ACLs? Like extended, range this-to-that, etc? Any advice?

I don't think it goes into ACLs, but I studied them heavily anyway.

On a side note, gratz on your pass kafifi13. Nice score also! I hope I'm as ready as you obviously were.
    CCNP Progress
    ROUTE [X] :: SWITCH [X] :: TSHOOT [X]
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • markzabmarkzab Member Posts: 619
    BurnsExcellentSticker.jpg
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • MrfixitRightMrfixitRight Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif

WTG!!

Getting ready for the "One" exam and sweating bullets myself! Damn! There goes a .45 caliber!!! icon_lol.gif
    Keyboard not functioning, Press F1 to continue

Anything that goes up, must come down. Ask any Systems Admin.

dell.jpg
  • jvaxjvax Member Posts: 117
    Congrats!
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy" -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good job, congrats :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • huddahudda Member Posts: 101
    Good job Kareem, I am going to write it soon how was the preparation how many Q how many sim was there can u tell us a more detail..........................

Hudda
  • kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    I can't give much detail as i'll get in trouble. I spend about 3 months reading on my own. I had the Cisco press books by Odem and flash cards. I really put alot of time into it. Almost 2 hours a night. you have to really go out and get some practice exams and just hammer away and find your weaknesses. i'll tell you one thing i was never a good student in school. I think the difference between now and then is that i put a little more hard work into it.

This forum is a great place as well. People are really helpfull. I think the one advice i can really tell you about this exam is no your subnetting. Practice, practice, practice.

Kareem
  • darkzonedarkzone Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...i'm working towards intro myself the thing i'm concerned about are sims icon_sad.gif
  • kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    As long as you practice on a Simulator at home you will be fine. It's seriously not too bad.
  • Tricon7Tricon7 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 238
    Great job. I envy you. I just finished Cisco II and I'm still failing all the online practice tests for 821. You clearly learned more than I did somewhere. I'm sure you'll ace the second CCNA, too, with that score.