Options

What's up with the MCSA Certificate?

BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
I received my MCSA welcome kit today, only to be slightly disappointed. The certificate I received is a plain, glossy piece of paper with only a little blue on the top. I've seen other MCSA/MCSE certs that look much more impressive than this. Not sure if they redesigned the certificates or what, but I must say, I expected more icon_sad.gif

I know the physical cert is not nearly as important as the knowledge gained, but still.....
MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    I received my MCSA welcome kit today, only to be slightly disappointed. The certificate I received is a plain, glossy piece of paper with only a little blue on the top. I've seen other MCSA/MCSE certs that look much more impressive than this. Not sure if they redesigned the certificates or what, but I must say, I expected more icon_sad.gif

I know the physical cert is not nearly as important as the knowledge gained, but still.....

What do you expect, vista sales are down and budgets have to be met. :D
  • Options
    elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The quality of the actual certificate-papers has gone down with the years. Although, I am quite impressed with Microsoft's MCP card, with the holographic logo and all your certification information embedded in it. I carry one in my wallet that reads both MCP and MCSA. . . but hopefully, I'll be getting one that has a lot more than that on it.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.