Any advice on Third (Final) interviews???

ITNYCITNYC Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
A little while back i posted about an interview i had at an investment bank. I had an interview with the IT Manager and Supervisor, then they brought in the head of all IT (which was a surprise second interview). After 2 weeks, they called me in again for a third and final interview for tomorrow. I'm pretty nervous as i feel im close and im dreading my current job. Any advice on third interviews? Im scheduled to meet with head of production. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• mrkoreanmrkorean Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Final and third interview normally means the job is yours as long as you dont say anything outrageous. Make sure you answer all the softskill "why should we chose you, why do you want to work here"/ cover your technical questions well Eventually they will ask you about your terms and conditions. Walk in with a smile, and be prepared for anything outrageous like how they surprised you during the second interview.
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    i've never had a third interview before, but..

Good Luck Bud!!!! icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • ITNYCITNYC Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will try and be prepared as much as i can. hopefully they give me an offer on this last interview.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    The 3rd interview is an indication that you are one of two or three applicants remaining, but it's by no means an indication that you've got the job. You'll likely be meeting some very important people in the company, so be confidant in your attitude, make eye contact, and talk selflessly how you will help the company beat its competitors and become more wealthy. The CxO people love that kind of talk. icon_thumright.gif
    Back from the interview.... I dont think it went that well. I waited for the guy for close to 45 minutes then We walked into a room, we sat and he asked me 2 questions. After i answered both, he nodded and then he just stared at me without saying anything. I started asking him questions, back to back and kept him tallking. Finally i told him i'd really love to work there and am excited about the opportunity, after we walked to hallway and we shook hands. that was it. .... I think im screwed. icon_sad.gif
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What position are you interviewing for? Usually, they narrowed down to two people for the jobs. I have many times that I went to third interviews to find out that I wasn't hired. It is waste of time because many of the IT manager/director or company don't know what they really want.

I recommend you that ask them back for questions that you might have. Usually, the final interview is very quick. Sometime they just want to see you one more time and review your profile. Then they offer you the job in front of you. It happened before, not in the Movie. OK

Relax.. U already did what you can do. However, make sure you show them one more impression move and you will step into their door.

Good Luck
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    What were the 2 questions?

PM if you need to.

Hey Darby, The two questions that were asked were 1) tell me about yourself and 2) what do you do at your current job. I answered those and that was it. Even though i feel the interview wasnt that great, his description of the job and what i currently do now seem to match pretty close so i hope that carries me a little.
    Kasor wrote:
    What position are you interviewing for? Usually, they narrowed down to two people for the jobs. I have many times that I went to third interviews to find out that I wasn't hired. It is waste of time because many of the IT manager/director or company don't know what they really want.

I recommend you that ask them back for questions that you might have. Usually, the final interview is very quick. Sometime they just want to see you one more time and review your profile. Then they offer you the job in front of you. It happened before, not in the Movie. OK

Relax.. U already did what you can do. However, make sure you show them one more impression move and you will step into their door.

Good Luck

Thanks, Kasor.

This is a break fix position (servers, laptops, desktops) The interview was pretty fast actually. I waited more than a half an hour then when he finally showed up, had the interview that lasted half an hour with no offer. Although this was the third/Final interview, I dont think its looking too good even though i am qualified for the job with my skill set. icon_cry.gif