Which one is better??//

bluebird007bluebird007 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was wondereing wich one is better. MCSE Security or just the MCSE Cerification.

Comments

• elgecko69elgecko69 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you plan on focusing on security, then the MCSE Security is a good start. Which one is better depends on what your main interests are. If you are not interested in the security aspect of IT then the extra time/resources you devote could be applied to your actual field of interest.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It really depends. If you're going the route of using 70-298 as your design elective and Security+ as your general elective, then there's only one more test between the regular MCSE and MCSE: Security. For a lot of people, it's only a matter of more tests, rather than a different cert. If you use 70-297 as your design elective and another Microsoft test as your general elective, then you're looking at three more tests to get the security designation. I'd recommend checking the MCSE page on Microsoft's web sites.

My recommendation, though, would be to do the tests in the following order, if you're thinking about doing MCSE: Security.

Core Exams:
    70-290
    70-291
    70-293
    70-294

Design Elective:
    70-298

Desktop Exam:
    70-270

General Elective:
    Security+, 70-299, or 70-350

At this point, you'll be an MCSE. If you want to become MCSE: Security, then you need one more exam.

Security Elective:
    Security+, 70-299, or 70-350
    (Remember, the electives may be the same, but you can't use the same one for both your general elective and your security elective. You need to take two seperate ones in order to earn your MCSE: Security.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • bluebird007bluebird007 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How important is Active Directory and Network Infrastructure in MCSE, Exam 70-297.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It's really up to you, and what you want to focus on. 70-297 is an Active Directory design exam, something to suppliment 70-294. You'll be learning AD in 70-294, and it covers everything you need to use and administrate large AD domains. If you have an interest in advanced AD design, you should take 70-297, but if you have an interest in advanced security concepts and designing security, you should take 70-298. That's not to say you can't take both, but most people pick one or the other.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.