A+
Network+
Security+
70-270
70-290
70-291 (just passed this today)

I read the page at microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

Passed 291 today and my completion is already on the certification planner in the MCP site, but it is not saying I am an MCSA in my transcript...possibly it takes a few days?

Comments

• Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    bcairns wrote:
    Just curious...

I have passed:

A+
    Network+
    Security+
    70-270
    70-290

Passed 291 today and my completion is already on the certification planner in the MCP site, but it is not saying I am an MCSA in my transcript...possibly it takes a few days?
    It appears that you should be an MCSA. However, I wonder how you will be able to apply your A+ and N+? Is it automatic?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    matradley wrote:
    bcairns wrote:
    Just curious...

I have passed:

A+
    Network+
    Security+
    70-270
    70-290

It appears that you should be an MCSA. However, I wonder how you will be able to apply your A+ and N+? Is it automatic?

there was a link in these forums (and on CompTIA) to use A+ / N+ / S+ as electives tward the MCSA / MCSE tracks, all comptia exams appear in the microsoft cert planner, thats why I am guessing it take a day or two for them to make the mcsa "offical"?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Follow the steps as outlined on the following page:
    http://certification.comptia.org/mcsa/default.aspx

And congrats! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You have to register your CompTIA exams with Microsoft, using the link that Webmaster provided. After that, they'll show up on your Microsoft transcripts as "Exam 00-000". Congratulations on passing the big, bad beast, and congrats on getting your MCSA.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
  • Options
    bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    congrats man!

You've deserved it! What's next?
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Options
    357357 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congats!

We have the same case. Slowhand is correct it will appear on your microsoft transcript as exam 000. But yesterday I sent an inquiry to microsoft (mcphelp) on how to receive my new MCSA 2003 welcome kit and receive their reply today that they have some technical problem. They promise to notify me in case they need additional information from me in coming days.
  • Options
    Thanks guys... and I got an email from Microsoft - it is offical :)

On to 70-293
  • Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    Happy 4 u man! I am still battling with my 290 and will take it this month. How long did the whole MCSA process take you?

Congratz again!
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good job man. Im on the same track (almost) im going with Security+ as an elective instead. Hopefully sometime early next year (or eariler, one can hope he has enough time) Ill be asking the same questions as you.

Again, congratulations!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    eltoro wrote:
    Happy 4 u man! I am still battling with my 290 and will take it this month. How long did the whole MCSA process take you?

Congratz again!

From no certifications to MCSA it took me one year and one month.

But I did take it VERY slow as I switched jobs and did not have a lot of free time to study.