Options

Passed! 860

matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
There was ALOT of situation troubleshooting questions. I thought my score would be closer to failing than passing, but I guess luck was on my side.

The technotes were very helpful also. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Great score! Congrats!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Congrats!! I actually FINALLY just scheduled mine. Feb 7th 11am. Any hints for me?
  • Options
    netcom2000netcom2000 Member Posts: 117
    I am booked on a workshop with the National IT learning centre in England, and then its up to me whether I take the exam thereafter, I could probably cram some more and then take it in March. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Future planned exams are as follows: CCNA, Windows 2003 Server 70-290

"Like the Roman, I see the Tiber foaming with so much blood"

Enoch Powell 1968

"We died in hell, they called it Passchendaele"
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I passed Network+ JUly, 2003. From what Matts.... says, It hasn't changed.

Best advice--take your time and read every question carefully. Know your OSI model. Know the basics about subnetting. Get a good study guide and review it a couple of times. I would recommend 2 different ones. No one study guide itself is complete.

Best of luck.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    Congrats!! I actually FINALLY just scheduled mine. Feb 7th 11am. Any hints for me?

Be prepared for some crappy diagrams and tons of troubleshooting scenerios. IE: Knowing the difference between a bad cable and a jabbering NIC. Ultimately it comes down to reading the question carefully, making note of the information they provided and how it relates to the problem, and then eliminating the answers with the help of the information they give.

There was a point in the middle of it where I got one troubleshooting question after another..... I was wondering if it was ever going to end!
  • Options
    Special_k21Special_k21 Member Posts: 155
    Thanks for the info! From what I have heard from everyone, I just need to take my time on these questions. Dont we all just love troubleshooting questions?? haha.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd much rather have troubleshooting questions than some of the crap in Sec+.
    As junior and intermediate techs most of what we do in the field is troubleshooting and we only get into designing networks and serious stuff as we move into senior levels. Theory as to design and concepts is good to know, but if you can't diagnose simple faults you will fail fairly quickly.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□