No serial left behind (off topic)

sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
So I finally stopped being lazy and moved everything out of my bedroom and into the closet

http://www.infiltrated.net/wiredHome/

Not pictured ... 2 3550's that I have to figure out where to put. I used my Cat5xxx as a base with another Cat on top for stability... Bought an entertainment center for 50 bucks at kmart (too lazy to shop for a true rack right now). I have brackets from the center to the wall to keep it in place... The routers have their ears on the left hand side and are screwed in from behind to keep them in place... On the side is the parts junkyard... I ordered two netrangers and will order the concentrator in July... Also missing is a netscout 1000SX tap. I brought that to work to play with the LS1010 I have there...

Total time so far spent on moving crap around and wiring serials... 2 1/2 hours... I am going to place an Amcor PLE16000 for air conditioning on the side (slim enough). I still have to bring out the APC's, my other books, and other stuff... This will be the end though, no more rewiring or buying crap. Unless I can get an ASA for under 700 to play with. So there is my (as Darby calls it) "Frankenlab" ;)
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sexion8 wrote:
    Unless I can get an ASA for under 700 to play with.
    I got a ASA5505-BUN-K9 -- ASA 5505 Security Appliance 10 User for under $500US. I can now do the WebVPN stuff that's ASA specific.... and Active/Active failover on the unrestricted PIX515s.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Is this gonna be an IE-Written pic post?

Can we see what Mike and Darby have?
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    seraphus wrote:
    Is this gonna be an IE-Written pic post?

Can we see what Mike and Darby have?

Rumor has it there isn't film long enough to take a pic of what Mike has...
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
    Good job, I wish all my stuff could be as neat.

Well right now I'm running ethernet cables... I'm trying to get them from being all over the place in front so I've been tucking them in the cracks with a hangar ;) I forgot to get all my power cables when unpacking and being the lazy person I can be, I sometimes bring equipment to work and almost always bring in one too many power cords, so today I'm 6 shy of powering it all up.

If you have the Cisco Press' CCIE Security Practice Labs book, I'm going to graduate to lab 4. I'm setting things up so I can route to work and use my work lab's LS1010 and ISDN simulator since I don't have one here... Problem with this is, I have to do it via an SSH tunnel. So it will work like this when all said and done...

All routing protocols I will do here @ home with the exception of ATM and ISDN which will be tunneled and funneled into my home's ISP connection via work (make sense?)...
    mikej412 wrote:
    sexion8 wrote:
    Unless I can get an ASA for under 700 to play with.
    I got a ASA5505-BUN-K9 -- ASA 5505 Security Appliance 10 User for under $500US.

Dur... What a misread of mines Mike... I interpreted this as "Well I have an ASA for $500 wanna buy it! ;)