70-297 or 70-298 for your MCSE?

So far I have

A+
Network+
Security+
MCSA

and working on 70-293 and 294.

Was looking at the microsoft page and wondered which should be my last exam....

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx

Exam 70-297: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure

or

Exam 70-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network

Just curious which one you guys have done or are going to d - and why?

Comments

• straightflopstraightflop Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    297 has a lot of crossover from 294.

But it does depend on what you are doing. With Sec+ you may want to take 298. If you are going to be designing AD then go with 297.

297 would be an easier test after 294 though.
    "Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it"
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I would say it depends on your preferences, whether you're interested in security or advanced DA design. However, I can say this: the 70-298 applies to both specialities, MCSE: Messaging and MCSE: Security, where the 70-297 isn't applicable towards MCSE: Security. If you're not sure which one you'd rather do, and you want to leave your options open, I'd say do 70-298.

Personally, I'm planning on doing 70-298, since I'm pursuing the security speciality, as well.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going for the 70-297, as it would be more beneficial towards my current job role. Look over each exam's objectives and see which one would be most useful for you.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    Thanks guys - will read over the MS web site and give it more thought.