Question Length

cbriantcbriant Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I have previously done the 70-291, 70-292 and 70-270 exams and will be taking 70-290 soon. I am practicing with self test software, exam cram and the readiness review suite.

One thing I am worried about is the length of the questions as there must be a reason for the 4 hour time limit. On 70-270 I found that the amount that had to be read before making the selection hard going and as a slow reader it was hard to hold my concentration. If I need to read pages for every question in 70-290 then I will find this very difficult and it will be different from the questions experienced in the test software as these tend to be brief.

Will there be case study questions in the exam? My collegue mentioned something about this, if there is then the test software I have will not prepare me for this.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cbriant wrote:
    I have previously done the 70-291, 70-292 and 70-270 exams and will be taking 70-290 soon. I am practicing with self test software, exam cram and the readiness review suite.

If you have already taken those exams, you'll do fine on this one. It should be about the same difficulty level as 70-270, but with focus on the server side. It's much easier than 70-291.
    Good luck! icon_cool.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • cbriantcbriant Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry I made a mistake that should be 70-271 and 70-272. I haven't done any other MCSE/ MCSA exams other than 70-270. 70-271 and 272 are exams for the MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) which is a kind of introduction course to the MCSE. This gives you an exemption for the elective module in the MCSA.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh, that explains it. I was a little confused why you would have taken 292 as that's an upgrade exam.

So for your original question then, yes, there will be some long multi-paragraph questions with possibly 3-4 questions somewhat related thus creating a sort of case study. I don't think 290 is as bad as 291, 292, etc in that respect though. Just be prepared for some questions that you need to scroll in order to read the whole thing...
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • cbriantcbriant Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are the study materials I am using a realistic simulation of of what to expect in the exam?
  • straightflopstraightflop Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    290 is almost identical to 270 except it's the server side. Questions where all about the same type. Although you do get a few simulation questions in 290

All and all they are very much the same in terms of question types and lengths.

The readiness revie is way off from the actual exam. Those questions are way harder and longer in most cases. if you are doing ok on those you will be just fine.
    "Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it"
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I've used self test software and find that they have good testing software but I don't think it's nearly as wordy as what you might see.