OK to start MCSE?

jstew33jstew33 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am looking to get started on MCSE, but am a little unsure if this makes sense with the new Microsoft certs being announced. Does this make sense for me to get started or are there some underlying issues that might change my mind? Please help.

Thanks!

Comments

• straightflopstraightflop Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you can finish it all in about a year, I would do it. Then just do the upgrade path.
    "Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it"
  • TregTreg Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes it is perfectly fine to start on the MCSE program. However forget about the 2000 track as some of the exams have been announced to retire in short-term. Start the 2003 track, and you will have no problems, this O/S will be around for quite some time yet.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi lads,

im also doing the mcsa track at the mo and only have my 291 left for the mcsa. would it be worth continuing onto the mcse on 2003 or upgrading to the new certs eventually and then continuing the track from there ?

Thanks
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I think it would be worth it to get the MCSE 2003 now and then upgrade later... Remember that the majority of businesses take some time (couple years) before switching to a new server OS. This means 2003 server environments will still be very high in demand for quite some time.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can see the 2003 track being in demand for at least the next five to seven years. I wouldn't have any fears about going through it.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with the others. I most definitely would start on the MCSE 2003 track as most companies will continue to have them for several years.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks