I got an interview!!!!!!!!

emsrescueemsrescue Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just got home and found out that I have been offered an interview for an IT security job I applied for. :D

I currently work in telecoms training but am trying to break into the IT industry. It an IT security officers position and only pays a little less than I earn now. I had been expecting to have take a decent pay cut for an entry level position.

Have my ICND exam on friday and then all next week to read up on IT security issues in the health care sector!

Jon

Comments

• SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Wheres the Job for? I work for a company that supports sections of the NHS and DOH close to your location.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats on getting the interview and good luck!
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just a little tid bit about the healthcare industry and I.T.....Read up on HIPPA compliance, if you don't already know about it. It goes hand in hand with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and what it means to keep electronic patient records secure. EDI is what healthcare companies use as a middle man between the company and the insurance providor when billing claims. I'v been working for a Medical company as a Network Admin for 4 months. If you can show that you are aware of that kind of stuff when you go into the inetrview, that might be a plus.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • Aquabat [banned]Aquabat [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 299
    Good Luck!!! icon_thumright.gif
    i herd u leik mudkips lol
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Good Luck...make them beg for you to take their offer
  • emsrescueemsrescue Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wheres the Job for? I work for a company that supports sections of the NHS and DOH close to your location.

Its for a health service in Scotland
    Read up on HIPPA compliance

I dont think HIPAA applies here in the UK. Thanks for the advice though

Jon
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    goodluck mate, go get em :)
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    emsrescue wrote:

Jon

OH ya you are right...Good Luck
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    emsrescue wrote:

Jon

Sounds good mate, if you need to know anything on NHS or DOH systems and im allowed to tell you (security etc) let me know and i'll let you know. We do North, North East and East. Also taken over a couple of other areas. Not Scotland though.
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Congrats on the Interview, let us know how it goes.
  • emsrescueemsrescue Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got the job :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Had the interview this morning and got a call at 5pm offering me the position. I am going to be taking a 2k drop in salary and will loose my comapny car and will have to move to Edinburgh icon_eek.gif

But..................... I have managed to get an IT security job with no direct experience so am well chuffed :D

Jon
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! :)
    All things are possible, only believe.