Options

Two quick questions regarding "the Beast"

dsimons2001dsimons2001 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
1) Can someone give me a breakdown of the exam as far as the % of questions based on the following topics:

DNS
Subnetting
Security
IP Sec
RRAS
WSUS
DHCP Config/Mgmt

2) Do you get partial credit for answering part of a question correct? For instance if you need to pick three out of five choices to answer a question, but you only get two out of the three correct.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It varies from exam to exam. Typically you will see DNS, RRAS, and WSUS the most. You most likely will see most of the topics you mentioned on the exam. My advise to you is to study all topics as much as possible until you think you know them all very well. That is when you should then go take the exam.

And yes, questions on the exam are weighted. How? Nobody except for those that develop the exams know for sure as they won't release any information, for obvious reasons.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    hhhhmm i didnt know microsoft exams gave partial credit. Is this only for simulations....or multiple selection questions aswell...coz it seems strange to award points for incorrect answers...youre either right or wrong yes?
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    The ONLY information Microsoft has released, is that questions are weighted. As for specifics like what you are inquiring, nobody knows except for the test developers.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I wouldn't count on getting partial credit for questions where you're asked to pick out more than one answer. Chances are, it's not like high school, where you get a grade for effort. Unless Microsoft tells you otherwise, you should probably assume that getting two out of three answers right on a single question counts for a zero on that question. Especially when the questions explicitly say 'Which two. . .' or 'What three factors. . .' type of things in the descriptions for multiple-choice questions.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Unless Microsoft tells you otherwise, you should probably assume that getting two out of three answers right on a single question counts for a zero on that question. Especially when the questions explicitly say 'Which two. . .' or 'What three factors. . .' type of things in the descriptions for multiple-choice questions.

Well, like I said in my previous posts in this thread, Microsoft has indeed stated that you will get partial credit.

Taken from: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/preparing.mspx
    Q. Some questions require multiple answers. Will I get credit for responses that are partially correct?
    A. For some questions, you will receive partial credit for partially correct responses.
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Ahh ok, thanks.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.