Options

Deans list

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
Is this something that would look good on a resume? I just found out today that i made the deans list for the spring semester, which means that i had a 3.5 or greater GPA and went full time.... should i add this?
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    Sure, I would include this.
  • Options
    shasanbegshasanbeg Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    heh
    i made the deans list once too

for different reasons than most ppl do

anyway.....
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was always on Dean's list in college. I tried pretty hard and kept my grades up, so I could get highest honors once I graduated. However...towards the end of my last year, I got some annoying classes that I didn't enjoy and slacked off, ending up with a final GPA that was a mere one or two points below that goal. Really sucked.

Now I just include my GPA next to my degree on the resume. I bring Dean certificates and stuff with me on job interviews, but most employers don't bother to look at them.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    If you haven't graduated, then definitely!
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For now, yes definitely include it. As you progress further and have things to add to your resume (read: experience and certs and a degree), consider taking that off and just including college name, degree, and gpa.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,026 Admin
    Who is on the Dean's List changes each semester as students rise above and fall below the GPA threshold (usually 3.5). If you fall off the list for more than a semester, be sure to remove the mention from your resume. If you graduate on the Dean's List then leave it mentioned along with your final GPA.