MS Press Book

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Hi all, just starting to study for the Beast and i need to ask a question about the MS Press Book. I have the 2003 study book from about 3 years ago, will this book cover the objectives or is there an updated version i should know about.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    From what I hear, it's really only the SUS/WSUS material that's been updated for the exam. The book you have should be good for your exam, as long as you have alternate study materials as well. Compare the topics in the table of contents in your book with the outline for 70-291 on the Microsoft website, and make sure that the book covers all the topics closely enough for you to use it to study.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used that 70-291 book and read up on/got hand on WSUS, and scored a 925 on my exam. The book is excellent, so have no fear!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
  • tb0932tb0932 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found some of the questions were really from 70-290, including one of the simulations, so know your AD Users & Computers and Group Policy as well.