Options

MCSE on 2k or 2003?

I know this question has been asked before...... but I'm curious what you guys think now. I actually have study material from TestOut on MCSA/MCSE for Win 2K, but not for 2003. That seems good....... but at the same time I hear rumors of Win 2K not being given after June of next year.

What do you guys think? What happens If I pass say..... 3 exams on 2K and I'm not able to finish enough for MCSE before MS retires them? Do I have to start all over on 2003?

Comments

• Options
    SartanSartan Inactive Imported Users Posts: 152
    I think that the 2000 exam for now, covers everytrhing that 2003 could possibly hope to cover.

Buisinesses aren't implementing 2003 just yet, it's not mature enough.

If we look at the history of the migration from NT to 2000, it was quite slow. 2000 wasn't mature or stable enough, and not enough people knew about it for an initial implementation.

I think the 2003 certification stream will remain for at least 2 years. Besides, you want to show to your employers that you can use the existing infrastructure.

Theres always the chance to upgrade, later.
    In fact, take the 2000, then upgrade to 2003, so you have both :)
    Network Tech student, actively learning Windows 2000, Linux, Cisco, Cabling & Internet Security.
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    i disagree.. i get calls from not alot, but enough customers runining a 2003 domain / xp. paper back admins calling for help setting up dsl service on their network. its starting to roll out more than you think.. not ever1 is on the bandwagon tho..but its catching.
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    however, i agree.. take 2000, then take the extra exams for 2003.
  • Options
    matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    Thanks guys.

I already started my studies on 70-210 and 70-215 for win2k. icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    I think the 2k, then 2k3 way is the best option, considering it is only 2 extra exams. You always get to keep the 2k. Yes, quite a few people are upgrading, but i am sure there are people just willing to upgrade to 2k from nt, since it is cheaper..

IMHO
    Xinxing is the hairy one.