Passed BCMSN!!

SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed today with 975! :D

The easiest test until now I guess.. CIT to go! (Academy student)

Is it true that CIT is the easiest one of the four?

Comments

• PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Spur wrote:
    Passed today with 975! :D

The easiest test until now I guess.. CIT to go! (Academy student)

gratz mate, you are almost at the finishing line. take those last few strides and your victory.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • malwethmalweth Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do "Academy students" still sit the CIT? I don't really know much about the academy.

I took ISCW & ONT - neither was too bad, but the ONT especially was a lot of memorization (wireless especially).

And congrats!!! Good score! :)
    128  64  32  16  |   8   4   2   1
    128 192 224 240  | 248 252 254 255
     25  26  27  28  |  29  30  31  32

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    Spur wrote:
    If you kept good troubleshooting notes while studying the other exam, this is the easiest to study for. :D

They just toss in some new Cisco Troubleshooting Methodology stuff and some troubleshooting review -- but a lot of the exam is just the troubleshooting stuff from the other exams and knowing the debug commands and command outputs.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • CucumberCucumber Member Posts: 192
    congrats!
    I hate pandas
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Congrats! :D
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everybody! :)
    malweth wrote:
    Do "Academy students" still sit the CIT? I don't really know much about the academy.

I took ISCW & ONT - neither was too bad, but the ONT especially was a lot of memorization (wireless especially).

And congrats!!! Good score! :)

They haven't updated the course materials for the new exams yet, and therefore academy students can take the previous exams.
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Good score..

Congrats on the pass
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    hum.... if your in the CCNP academy you get to take 4 other tests vs current ccnp with BSCI, BSCMN, and ONT?

odd.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    thats going to be confusing if i have to deal with that stuff.

i should be taking the CCNP classes starting in late fall/early winter and ending sometime in early 08.
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
    Darthn3ss wrote:
    i should be taking the CCNP classes starting in late fall/early winter and ending sometime in early 08.
    Then you'll be probably be taking the new Academy courses and the current (new) exams -- so no confusion. :D
  • peterd51peterd51 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

good score, well done!!

When I took the CIT about six years ago it was the easiest exam. I only studied it for two months (three months each for the other exams!) and I got my highest score.

But you did need to read every question twice!

For some reason Cisco wrote the questions in a slightly different style and it was easy to glance at the question and select the wrong answer.

And at least half-a-dozen questions on my exam had no 'definate' answer so I eliminated two obviously wrong answers and took the one that looked closest to the question out of the remaining choices.

Summing up, CIT is easy but beware the 'potholes'!.

How about the BCMSN?

Do they still have the 'scenario' type of question where you have to type in several commands?

I'm not particularly good at those as I don't do it in 'real life'.

Can you tell me what sort of subjects were coveried on your exam (without breaking the NDA!)?

Regards
    Peter